+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favorite rounded font? Is there such thing as a nice one?

Junior Member ccwmmige has a spectacular aura about ccwmmige has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks

Favorite rounded font? Is there such thing as a nice one?

Need a nice rounded font for a rebrand, currently using a godawful one that needs not be named.

Would love to err less goofy and more elegant, but clean sans serif is obviously the preference (not sure I've ever seen a rounded serif....)

Which begs the question... is there such thing as a non-goofy rounded font? Even Nunito, etc. are still very childlike looking to me, especially at large sizes.

Senior Member mr_slave has much to be proud of mr_slave has much to be proud of mr_slave has much to be proud of mr_slave has much to be proud of mr_slave has much to be proud of mr_slave has much to be proud of mr_slave has much to be proud of mr_slave has much to be proud of mr_slave has much to be proud of mr_slave has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 248 Posts
    DIN Rounded, Trade Gothic Next Rounded, VAG Rounded, Museo Sans Rounded, Stag Sans Rounded (large x-height), FF Unit Rounded (condensed), Brandon Grotesque (only slightly rouded), Helvetica Rounded etc.

It really depends on the effect you want to achieve. Even the classic Avenir can appear rounded in lighter weights given its geometric roots.

Oh, and there are rounded serifs, check out Rooney & Rooney Sans:
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.

Junior Member mbikh is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    To me the best rounded one is Hermes by Optimo foundry. It even has an 'almost serif' version and a 'sans' version. And I'm not usually seduced by rounded fonts!

Junior Member Another Font Lover is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Novo Alla or Quicksand

Novo Alla is looking very good to me. It's not free, but Quicksand is similar (and free) on fontsquirrel.

+ Reply to Thread