+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Open and save font SAME as the original.

tfr
    Junior Member tfr is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Question Open and save font SAME as the original.

I would like to know if there is a way to open a .ttf file with Fontlab studio or HL Fontcreator and save it (possibly without any modification), exactly the same as the original.

This almost never happens, small differences appear to the characters, and also the spacing undergoes variations.

A Chinese programmer for one of his programs used the 'notdef' character for some 'spaces', which is generally a small square, but not in the Chinese Simsusn font. Here the square is not there, and in fact by setting this you see correctly.
    So I should remove this square from the western fonts (simply to avoid seeing), for example Tahoma or verdana but without altering anything else.

Thanks
    Last edited by tfr; 09-19-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Donor samiartur has a spectacular aura about samiartur has a spectacular aura about samiartur has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tfr View Post
    I would like to know if there is a way to open a .ttf file with Fontlab studio or HL Fontcreator and save it (possibly without any modification), exactly the same as the original.

This almost never happens, small differences appear to the characters, and also the spacing undergoes variations.

A Chinese programmer for one of his programs used the 'notdef' character for some 'spaces', which is generally a small square, but not in the Chinese Simsusn font. Here the square is not there, and in fact by setting this you see correctly.
    So I should remove this square from the western fonts (simply to avoid seeing), for example Tahoma or verdana but without altering anything else.

Thanks
    The program you need is DTL OTMaster 6.3 but older versions can do what You need.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to samiartur For This Useful Post:
    tfr

+ Reply to Thread