+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chinese Printer Rip Software intergration

Donor jareddoig is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Chinese Printer Rip Software intergration

Hi, hoping someone has had success with this -

we have a new Chinese machine (based on Xuli/polar/HL??) it is using a new Epson head(dx6? TFP 5113 head), the machine has 4 heads in total.

Software supplied was maintop - threw this out very quickly (think ms paint 95) we managed to load photoprint 12(Chinese version) using the drivers given. Photoprint is great but the problem is we have to print to file then use a Chinese print manager to send the file to the machine... we would prefer to be able to send directly to the machine from photoprint only we cannot seem to set it up. if we select usb port nothing happens.
    question - anyone able to help or have any useful suggestions.

would there be a way to use drivers from photoprint for colorgate?

PRC Member johnlongthomas is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I am not an expert on this, but my understanding is that the Chinese printers work a lot like the g code senders on cnc equipment. There is not a print driver in the accepted sense. You have to use whatever "print console" is provided which then controls the the printer. The print console customarily gives the operator a lot more control over the machine than the driver usually found on a western or Japanese machine.

You can manually invoke various head cleaning operations for example or set point of origin etc

PRC Member yahuu will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    @jareddoig:

That's very unsatisfied and unfavourable problem with Chinese printers while they design that type of communicator between printer and PC. That does not only happen with printers, but also happened with CNC machines.

With your case, I don't think you get lucky to communicate printer and PC directly.

Donor jareddoig is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info - thought I was going mad, have made a nice work around with hotfolders and automatically sending files through.

we using photoprint to setup job then save to hotfolder which is automatically sending to printer through the Chinese coms program.

thanks again!

Donor oxident will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Very interesting thread.
    I also plan buying a cheap chinese printer (Epson R330 based with UV ink) and I was hoping to use Colorgate or Fiery XF instead of this ugly supplied software. If I understand you correctly, you need to send a raster file through the vendors communication console. Would it accept multichannel TIFF including white (like Colorgate could produce using a generic industrial printer device)?

That would also be ideal for profiling the printer using standard methods...

+ Reply to Thread