+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Major Acrobat Bug - 2019.008.20074 - Continuous Stream

Moderator Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 337 Posts

Major Acrobat Bug - 2019.008.20074 - Continuous Stream

Anyone noticed that elements with the effect darken and overprint preview being turned on viewing completely incorrectly?!?

Work around is change elements to overprint or create a flattened PDF (x1a, 1.3), alas, we shouldnt have too...particularly after we have spent considerable time educating our customers how to view a proof!

Expensive solutions, companies, like, now, Esko’s Blue are offering are looking more and more feasible.

Using Illustrator 2018, DP to create the normalised PDF..., although any PDF’s with this effect are doing the same thing....being knocked out, elements underneath not being overprinted.

Pretty poor effort Adobe, didn’t any of your “Software Engineers” turn it on ffs? Ohhh prettty new icon tho Customers also will view proofs incorrectly providing they are running the above version. For as long as they have it installed!!! This will result in fails for us, when attempting to proof, problem solve wtf is going on.

IE Varnish layers or any art created with the said effect.

Only tested PC
    Last edited by Willburwilde; 10-22-2018 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Removed some unnecessary bagging lol

Member gtdaniel is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hello!
    Please attach a small pdf file with some artwork with that problem and a jpg file with same artwork corectly output/displayed. I want to try to replicate the problem...

Moderator Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gtdaniel View Post
    Hello!
    Please attach a small pdf file with some artwork with that problem and a jpg file with same artwork corectly output/displayed. I want to try to replicate the problem...
    Pretty easy grab some random Illustrator artwork, then cover it all with a coloured box, to be sure put it on a higher layer than the artwork, select darken 100% in effects, create a normalised PDF and view with overprint preview on with the said version.

The box you create should be covering all of the elements.
    Last edited by Willburwilde; 10-21-2018 at 04:46 AM.

PRC Member M@CK is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Sorry Willburwilde, I don't see a problem on my end ...

Maybe I don't understand the issue properly, like gtdaniel said can you share a file ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Sorry Willburwilde, I don't see a problem on my end ...

Maybe I don't understand the issue properly, like gtdaniel said can you share a file ?
    Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 5 posts):
    You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.

Donor bob007 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i can confirm this "darken bug" since last update (PC). Older versions are behaving normally

PRC Member M@CK is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Ha I hadn't seen the tested on PC only until I saw your screen cap.
    I can confirm its a PC only issue.
    All good on MacOS, Sorry M8 !

https://ibb.co/gDyhqq
    https://ibb.co/naUYwV

+ Reply to Thread