+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Major Acrobat Bug - 2019.008.20074 - Continuous Stream

Moderator Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 338 Posts

Major Acrobat Bug - 2019.008.20074 - Continuous Stream

Anyone noticed that elements with the effect darken and overprint preview being turned on viewing completely incorrectly?!?

Work around is change elements to overprint or create a flattened PDF (x1a, 1.3), alas, we shouldnt have too...particularly after we have spent considerable time educating our customers how to view a proof!

Expensive solutions, companies, like, now, Esko’s Blue are offering are looking more and more feasible.

Using Illustrator 2018, DP to create the normalised PDF..., although any PDF’s with this effect are doing the same thing....being knocked out, elements underneath not being overprinted.

Pretty poor effort Adobe, didn’t any of your “Software Engineers” turn it on ffs? Ohhh prettty new icon tho Customers also will view proofs incorrectly providing they are running the above version. For as long as they have it installed!!! This will result in fails for us, when attempting to proof, problem solve wtf is going on.

IE Varnish layers or any art created with the said effect.

Only tested PC
    Last edited by Willburwilde; 10-22-2018 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Removed some unnecessary bagging lol

Member gtdaniel is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hello!
    Please attach a small pdf file with some artwork with that problem and a jpg file with same artwork corectly output/displayed. I want to try to replicate the problem...

Moderator Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gtdaniel View Post
    Hello!
    Please attach a small pdf file with some artwork with that problem and a jpg file with same artwork corectly output/displayed. I want to try to replicate the problem...
    Pretty easy grab some random Illustrator artwork, then cover it all with a coloured box, to be sure put it on a higher layer than the artwork, select darken 100% in effects, create a normalised PDF and view with overprint preview on with the said version.

The box you create should be covering all of the elements.
    Last edited by Willburwilde; 10-21-2018 at 04:46 AM.

PRC Member M@CK is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Sorry Willburwilde, I don't see a problem on my end ...

Maybe I don't understand the issue properly, like gtdaniel said can you share a file ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Sorry Willburwilde, I don't see a problem on my end ...

Maybe I don't understand the issue properly, like gtdaniel said can you share a file ?
    Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 5 posts):
    You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.

Donor bob007 will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    i can confirm this "darken bug" since last update (PC). Older versions are behaving normally

PRC Member M@CK is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Ha I hadn't seen the tested on PC only until I saw your screen cap.
    I can confirm its a PC only issue.
    All good on MacOS, Sorry M8 !

https://ibb.co/gDyhqq
    https://ibb.co/naUYwV

Thanks
    Still not fixed, in fact worse over the builds, no one seems to care. Spoke to Adobe programmers about the issue, nothing done, poor form.

How can I proof when a my client views PDF’s differently than I, in a ever increasing digital world?

Can anyone suggest a stand-alone PDF viewer for clients, somewhat like blue that is not “cloud” based and can handle overprint and layer effects?

I’m surprised the printing industry or someone has not come up with a open solution that overcomes these issues.

It could be profitable to have a PDF Review or even just view ffs app like Enfocus’s Switch module or Blue that doesn’t cost the earth, maybe someone should build a lightweight app that actually works?!?!?

I either have to educate our clients to “Use Overprint Preview Always” and change all of my artwork, such as varnish layers, from darken also multiply, I think, as recommended by Esko ffs to overprint OR find a better solution than crappy acrobat.

ALSO when are they gonna make it 64 bit in win so that when it hits the 4gb limit and shits itself “not enough memory”
    Last edited by Willburwilde; 03-31-2019 at 01:15 PM.

PRC Member spider is a splendid one to behold spider is a splendid one to behold spider is a splendid one to behold spider is a splendid one to behold spider is a splendid one to behold spider is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willburwilde View Post

Can anyone suggest a stand-alone PDF viewer for clients, somewhat like blue that is not “cloud” based and can handle overprint and layer effects?

its quite easy!

just take a look at packzview! and its for free!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to spider For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    its quite easy!

just take a look at packzview! and its for free!
    Thank f$!k omg someone with a sensible solution, Spider your a gem, I didn’t even look

Now I just have to teach the clients how to install it

They have a nice page tho:

http://viewdownload.packz.eu/

Thanks Hydrid and Spider yay

And it only reaffirms my position that they are better at doing it. It’s a shame I’m locked into this monopoly that is Esko and Adobe....had I had the purchasing decision for the particular company I would have gone with them.
    Last edited by Willburwilde; 03-30-2019 at 12:09 AM.

12. Your ad here

PRC Member spider is a splendid one to behold spider is a splendid one to behold spider is a splendid one to behold spider is a splendid one to behold spider is a splendid one to behold spider is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    Thank f$!k omg someone with a sensible solution, Spider your a gem, I didn’t even look

Now I just have to teach the clients how to install it

They have a nice page tho:

http://viewdownload.packz.eu/

Thanks Hydrid and Spider yay

you are welcome.

i really wonder why esko has no "artpro+ lite" (viewer only) to compete with hybrid software.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to spider For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    you are welcome.

i really wonder why esko has no "artpro+ lite" (viewer only) to compete with hybrid software.
    I think they do with AP 18....OS X but it’s haven’t used only seen the .pkg in the extracted .mpkg....??

Not sure don’t use AP much at all as I’d rather not jump between OSX and PC just to do a (PLATO) layout or (ACAD) structural design. Fair enough (just) to put AE etc on a windows server but don’t make Pre-Press use Windows.....please FLOG :( let the fricken designers use that shit I just don’t understand why Esko don’t see that?

I’m stuck with Esko and PC, that makes me angry...at least my clients may be able to view a PDF reliably now
    Last edited by Willburwilde; 03-30-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Thanks
    I’d rather not jump between OSX and PC just to do a (PLATO) layout or (ACAD) structural design.
    Don’t suppose you have a solution for that Spider?

Maybe AP+ one day will be able to Plato style layouts, currently it can handle .mfg but that’s it?!?? Useless!!! No linked files/PDFs

Then there is still the issue of Artios, dunno tempted to use Parallels and be done with this shit, but haven’t tried it in a Esko environment.

Thanks
    Don’t suppose you have a solution for that Spider?

Maybe AP+ one day will be able to Plato style layouts, currently it can handle .mfg but that’s it?!?? Useless!!! No linked files/PDFs

Then there is still the issue of Artios, dunno tempted to use Parallels and be done with this shit, but haven’t tried it in a Esko environment.
    well, if you dont want to jump between os'es you may take packedge / plato / artios for windows or artpro / powerlayout on mac.

esko will add more step & repeat functions to ap+ to the next releases.
    be aware that ArtPro and PackEdge are end of life now.
    next year Plato and Powerlayout will follow.

Thanks
    well, if you dont want to jump between os'es you may take packedge / plato / artios for windows or artpro / powerlayout on mac.

esko will add more step & repeat functions to ap+ to the next releases.
    be aware that ArtPro and PackEdge are end of life now.
    next year Plato and Powerlayout will follow.
    Not really a solution tho is it ARD/MFG regularly need to be updated or modified. Things like coating layers in Artios need tweaking, clients request die lines in illustrator which needs specific info on it. Really hanging out for a fully functioning AP+ at the very least, a port of Artios tho maybe not feasible would be even more ideal. It’s not like you would hang around and wait a structural designer on a PC to make these updates. I haven’t used power layout, Plato is ok but I find the colours/spots updating and stuff clumbersome manual and shitty as well, exported cut files are often crappy too, same goes for icut obviously as well as it’s previews and being generally buggy.

Colours with the same name, screen attributes should not have to be constantly mapped or problem solved in pre-press....ever!
    Last edited by Willburwilde; 03-30-2019 at 02:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast