+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AGFA and EPSON p6000 draft proof profile

Junior Member Siddharth is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

AGFA and EPSON p6000 draft proof profile

Hi,

We are using an EPSON P6000 connected to our AGFA pre-press Apogee server for both Contract proofs and draft prints.

The issue is contract proofs (which uses the SPM 250 paper) require the printer to use Photo black ink, where as the draft proof (uses PM 120 paper or AIPP 90) requires matte black ink.

Everytime we change from Photo black to matte black, there is alot of ink wastage. Is there a way we can get a profile for draft proof which works on photo black ink.

Currently we use the SPM 170 profile to print on our AIPP 90 so we get it to print using photo black ink, but the speed drasstically decreases using this process. is there a profile for AIPP 90 that uses photoblack ink?

I requested on the Apogee forumn as well, but they told me a procedure that requires a license i do not have. This is what they had to say.

"Using QMS allows you (as normal user) to setup a CTF for a custom quality mode in which you can chose the inkset. (CQM license required !)
    See the 2 minute video through this link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzrzf0k8navf3cf/Matt2Photoblack.mp4?dl=0). Once you have such a custom quality mode you can combine it with the default inktable and profiles (disable the auto lookup options !). For draft proofs no custom profiles and inktable are required, of course the colors will be less then optimal ..."

The AGFA team is too busy to provide this resource, and our local AGFA service team has not been able to help us in this regard, as this license is not available in our region. If anyone can help me with this resource, it would be a great help

Regards
    Siddharth

PRC Member MrApogee will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth View Post
    Hi,

We are using an EPSON P6000 connected to our AGFA pre-press Apogee server for both Contract proofs and draft prints.

The issue is contract proofs (which uses the SPM 250 paper) require the printer to use Photo black ink, where as the draft proof (uses PM 120 paper or AIPP 90) requires matte black ink.

Everytime we change from Photo black to matte black, there is alot of ink wastage. Is there a way we can get a profile for draft proof which works on photo black ink.

Currently we use the SPM 170 profile to print on our AIPP 90 so we get it to print using photo black ink, but the speed drasstically decreases using this process. is there a profile for AIPP 90 that uses photoblack ink?

I requested on the Apogee forumn as well, but they told me a procedure that requires a license i do not have. This is what they had to say.

"Using QMS allows you (as normal user) to setup a CTF for a custom quality mode in which you can chose the inkset. (CQM license required !)
    See the 2 minute video through this link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzrzf0k8navf3cf/Matt2Photoblack.mp4?dl=0). Once you have such a custom quality mode you can combine it with the default inktable and profiles (disable the auto lookup options !). For draft proofs no custom profiles and inktable are required, of course the colors will be less then optimal ..."

The AGFA team is too busy to provide this resource, and our local AGFA service team has not been able to help us in this regard, as this license is not available in our region. If anyone can help me with this resource, it would be a great help

Regards
    Siddharth
    Dear Siddharth
    sorry for you, but you really need this CMS QMS Lics for doing something like this.
    Whitch Version Apogee Workflow you are using?
    In the past it was very tricky to get an good result e.g. for Fogra 39 or 51.
    Also they don´t have the Fogra Medienkeil build in.
    I only used Apogee for contract Proofs for complete imposed Flats and this also with DQS and digital film proof option.
    Perhaps you another possibilty with EFI Fiery?
    Its here in the forum running very good from Wilburwilde, also newest Version 6.4.
    A workaround could be:
    Writing out an PDF (imposed) with PDF Export module from Apogee and send it to EFI Fiery.
    I also used this workaround sometimes.

Hope this will help you
    Regards
    Mr Apogee

+ Reply to Thread