+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Icc

Junior Member Gandalf53 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Icc

Is the "Iso coated v2 300%.icc" the last profile?

Meet Sexy Girls In Your Area!
    Lonely Girls Looking for Men! Join Me

2. FREE SIGNUP

3. Junior Member Ergo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf53 View Post
    Is the "Iso coated v2 300%.icc" the last profile?
    Yes, if you use ISO12647-2:2004. But there is a newer version of this standard and Iso coated v2 300%.icc has changed in the new ISO standard to PSO Coated v3. Please check the ISO12647-2:2013 standard for more informations.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ergo For This Useful Post:

Donor al_srt1 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergo View Post
    Yes, if you use ISO12647-2:2004. But there is a newer version of this standard and Iso coated v2 300%.icc has changed in the new ISO standard to PSO Coated v3. Please check the ISO12647-2:2013 standard for more informations.
    Hi, can we return to this post again? I printed proofs with the ISOcoated_v2_300 and the PSOcoated_v3 (two different jobs) as reference profiles. But a printer told me that they can work only with the ISOcoated_v2_300. Because the PSOcoated_v3 made a cold gama on the proof, and they will not get this on the printing machine. He said - ISOcoated_v2_300 the best choice if we want to avoid a surprise. I know that Fogra 51 - the new ISO standard.
    Can you share your experience about it?

PRC Member Kitaro will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Hi there,

what is your question exactly?

As Ergo described correctly the ISO-standard was reformed in 2013. Most printers needed 3 years to applied it. So since 2016 this is the "new" standard. When your printer said that he can only work with the old standard than he is living 4 years in the past. Go away and search a new one.

ISOcoated_v2 was very good, but circumstances has changed a lot. Most papers now have more optical brightness. PSOcoated_v3 consider this better.

Best regards

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitaro For This Useful Post:

Donor al_srt1 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitaro View Post
    Hi there,

what is your question exactly?

As Ergo described correctly the ISO-standard was reformed in 2013. Most printers needed 3 years to applied it. So since 2016 this is the "new" standard. When your printer said that he can only work with the old standard than he is living 4 years in the past. Go away and search a new one.

ISOcoated_v2 was very good, but circumstances has changed a lot. Most papers now have more optical brightness. PSOcoated_v3 consider this better.

Best regards
    Hi

Yes, we sent our job to another printer, with a proof PSOcoated_v3. I was there in the print day - they got a right color after 200 sheets. It is interesting because the second printer not so big and famous in the market.

Thank you!

9. Free SignUp

+ Reply to Thread