+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i1Profiler vs CoPrA 5 ?

Donor Anadrol is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Question i1Profiler vs CoPrA 5 ?

Hello,

I already own i1Profiler, did someone compare it to CoPrA 5 please ?

I've read that you can't improve existing ICC profiles with CoPrA, unlike with i1Profiler.
    For example adding 1000 new specific color patches.

Thanks.

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anadrol View Post
    Hello,

I already own i1Profiler, did someone compare it to CoPrA 5 please ?

I've read that you can't improve existing ICC profiles with CoPrA, unlike with i1Profiler.
    For example adding 1000 new specific color patches.

Thanks.
    I would advise to take a look at these help pages:
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    and the corresponded video:
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    i1Profiler is all-in-one solution. I would recommend to use CoPrA along with ColorAnt.
    Regards,
    CW

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

Donor momo.cassiopeia will become famous soon enough momo.cassiopeia's Avatar
    Thanks

xrite/colorlogic

its hard to compare those two since i1profiler is like colorwizard pointed out an all-in-one solution, limited in some areas, impossible to figure out in others since some of the 1-100 sliders don't make any sense, but it does it all for starters. i would stick with i1profiler for the beginning, since most task get you somewhere quick and easy, and it is yours already.

eventually you might look into colorlogic and all their offerings. very german, very precise, all there, latest of the greatest, but first you have to walk before you start running or jump hurdles.

without giving too much bias to colorlogic, I personally love their software, no matter that the ICC uses heidelberg's colortools.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to momo.cassiopeia For This Useful Post:

Member uwaburg is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

ColorLogic!

I also use the combination of CoPrA and ColorAnt, the latter to analyze, optimize and correct measurement data before profile creation.
    This is also a small and dedicated company with helpful people and knowledgeable distributors - very good in case of support needs ...
    Add to that the really "glacial update speed" of i1Profiler, as someone once put it
    That piece of software feels almost neglected!
    If you need to build DeviceLink profiles, CoPrA with all its useful options is almost unmatched - at least not by i1Pofiler ...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to uwaburg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you very much to all for your insight,

I have read the ColorLogic documentation;
    from my understanding I can load an EXISTING ICC profile, and then submit for example 1000 new color patches of MY CHOICE to improve it ? (I am a programmer, I can create a list of patches in the correct format).
    My goal is to improve existing ICC profiles for specific images (to print).

By the way I was very disappointed by basICColor, their scanner profiling sucks totally compared to i1Profiler ! (I measured actually with the basICColor tool to compare them, to measure the profile accurateness it is great though).
    basICColor scanner profiles are terrible, so I guess their printer profiles are also bad.
    Last edited by Anadrol; 07-03-2018 at 08:45 AM.

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anadrol View Post
    so I guess their printer profiles are also bad.
    basICColor Print uses 'CrossXColor' OEM solution from ColorLogic (actually not only basICColor Print). CoPrA uses the same core logic, so the results from both apps are quite similar.
    I wouldn't say that the quality of icc profiles (at least classical output CMYK ones) created by i1Profiler are much better from CoPrA (basICColor Print).
    Just try basICColor print. It has much simpler UI in comparison with CoPrA, although it may utilize a bit outdated version of CrossXColor core library.
    You may also take a look at ArgyllCMS.
    Regards,
    CW

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I've been told by an insider that basICColor did hire someone important in the color industry, and next year's basICColor will be much improved... remain to be seen, hearsay is unreliable.

+ Reply to Thread