+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Workflow for Printing

Donor Meatfish is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Workflow for Printing

As a photographer I have a very specific workflow when it comes to printing -Scan image (yeah, I still work with film) on V700>edit images for best, maybe print some tests for more editing>rescan edit on an Imacon>work on fff files in Flexcolor>final file prep in Photoshop>save master>resize In PS and output Sharpen in Photokit Sharpener>Print on Epson 4900 onto either Harman Gloss Baryta or Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 308.

I'm interested in hearing what others do, not just photographers but those in the graphics world for instance, what are your typical workflows?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meatfish For This Useful Post:

Junior Member tasta is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hi, my workflow is - calibrate my HPZ2100, soft proofing my digital image, printing on Hp Premium Mate paper :)

Junior Member artistmd is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I work in wideformat digital printing. Usually goes from graphics to prepress to printing then hand or die cut.

b3932489
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatfish View Post
    As a photographer I have a very specific workflow when it comes to printing -Scan image (yeah, I still work with film) on V700>edit images for best, maybe print some tests for more editing>rescan edit on an Imacon>work on fff files in Flexcolor>final file prep in Photoshop>save master>resize In PS and output Sharpen in Photokit Sharpener>Print on Epson 4900 onto either Harman Gloss Baryta or Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 308.

I'm interested in hearing what others do, not just photographers but those in the graphics world for instance, what are your typical workflows?
    You are my hero.

Junior Member maggie134 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I suppose it depends on photo. I am bit hdr geek and I love to play with my photos so sometimes I spend long hours working on single shot. But mostly it would be Shoot ---> Lightroom for any work it needs --> print. Nothing to fancy :P

Junior Member Luca is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatfish View Post
    Did I read that right? You scan, print, rescan and reprint? I don't get it.

Here's my workflow - shoot, edit, print.

Junior Member printchesco is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    These are very interesting peeks into the workings of different photographers and their printing. What the most efficient and easiest process is really unique to each and every person, and while people can take hints and tips from these, it would still be best to develop a process that would work for you and only you.

+ Reply to Thread