+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's the best graphics tablet out there?

kjc
    Junior Member kjc is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

What's the best graphics tablet out there?

I've been meaning to buy a Wacom Bamboo, but I don't know if it's the perfect one for me since I'm just a beginner.

Donor nightshade is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    for a beginner or someone who will use it only a little a bamboo is fine, but if you will be using it a lot and long term/pro rather put the bamboos money towards an intuos. then size will depend on your desk space and/or your drawing style.

Banned red13th is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks
    yep, bamboo good for practicing, but if you have more budget i suggest you to buy intuos

Junior Member Moritz3D is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Thumbs up Multitouch!!!

The great thing about the Wacom Intuos and up is the multitouch functionality.
    If you're used to multitouch from macbook & Co. you will loooove being able to use both use the pen and zoom/rotate gestures on the same surface.

And the larger M size is defnitely worth it.

Junior Member Erin is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    It seems like everyone recommends the Bamboo for a beginner, so I purchased a small one but was never really happy with it. I tried to work on it more often, but never was able to improve much. Shaky lines & such, somewhat awkward & ineffecient for me to use.

Now I use an iPad + Jot Touch 4 stylus + Procreate & get basically the same results as I had with the Bamboo. I suppose I'm not really the most skilled drawer & really only need something to get a rough sketch down before I work on it in Illustrator, but the Bamboo just felt so blah.

Banned Blooptral is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I began with a Wacom Bamboo and upgrade to an Intuos (medium) a year later. Totally worth the extra money.

Banned sharklase is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Intuos
    PTK840 i have now, there is a newer model already :)

Banned dreamcell is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Intuos, but the new one is really expensive.

Member white has a spectacular aura about white has a spectacular aura about white has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    I think the best is wacom tablets, no one can beat wacom :D

I got intuos 3, I'm so happy with it, but sometimes it's hassle with the usb cable, the new intuos got wireless extension, cool.

Now I'm planning to buy cintiq 13HD, anybody tried it? any experience?

Junior Member Etcetera is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    my vote is for Wacom too. If you're just starting and don't want to splurge, the bamboo is a good option.

11. Your ad here

Banned collins is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I use an Intuos (Wacom) 5 Touch.

The shortcut buttons and scroll wheel on the tablet make it really easy to work quickly.

It's not a bad size, either, but I'd be happier with something bigger!

Banned Vetinari is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    This is one of those times where "the best" may not be the best for you.
    The nearly $3000 you could spend on the Cintiq 24HD touch may be better spent on dental implants or ballet lessons or a personal chef. It has all the portability of a camperized Volkswagen Bus with the wheels taken off, but it is a magnificent tool if you have a place you want to use it and keep it (though I do know a retoucher who travels the world with his. He is a madman.)

I still have a first-generation Graphire, which is the model series that came before the Bamboos, and it's still in my laptop bag. Drawing is easiest on larger surface: the more you can use your arm instead of your wrist the better off you'll be, but for practicing, try out whatever you can afford. I'd almost recommend size over sensitivity for the casual user, since even a lower-sensitivity Wacom tablet is miles better than a mouse, which has binary sensitivity. Either you clicked or you didn't.

I have no experience with non-Wacom tablets. They exist. They may not suck. Perhaps someone in this group has one and can share his experiences, but while you may roll the dice with those options you're usually pretty safe with Wacom, whatever the model.

Banned slimetec is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Wacom is definitely "the best", but if you're just starting (espeically if you're not completely sure if this is something you really want to invest in), you can't go wrong with Monoprice's tablets.

They are surprisingly robust (I was *very* skeptical at first, having used other crappy non-wacoms in the past), and are a fraction of the cost of Wacom's offerings (10"x6.25" for $50!). The only downside is that the pen requires an AAA battery, but this was the case for all tablets only a short while ago, and that never stopped anyone from creating great art.

I use mine at least once a week to pen over scanned drawings and love it dearly.

http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=108&cp_id=10841

Junior Member tkflip will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    I've been using the Wacom Bambo for a while. I have had good results, however, I must say the size of the tablet is my biggest complaint. It's great for travel, but when at home I wish I had more surface area to work with.

Banned kwokstar is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    definately anything in the wacom range will be good, they have a great product selector tool to figure out which you need. and get a wireless adapter if you can. cords are evil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast