Closed Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your "go to" font that clients LOVE?

Junior Member KitaCat is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Go-to fonts

This depends entirely on the style-- the best fancy font I use is Tagettes (unless you're doing all capitals, the spacing is larger on capitals). I like using Minion Pro and Sathu for normal type but I always tailor the fonts to the project. When you put a bunch of same font logos in your portfolio, it looks really cheesy.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member KitaCat is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Waaaaah!

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Hah, I used DIN 10 years ago in my graphical CV - I loved that font back then but it's become rather old for me as you can imagine when you've been using it for that long. I guess I was ahead of my time because I notice it everywhere these days ;)

And generally, clients have a poor opinion of fonts. Comics Sans being so popular in custom-made stuff says it all ;)
    Comic Sans is awful. If I want a comic style font, Anime Ace is it but it stays where it belongs-- in comics!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Donor dtdm is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks
    I have become obsessed with Gotham, however i tend to use Banco Std in a lot of custom work for cars. What sort of font management is most people into now a days (os x vs win) Im using SuitcaseFusion3 on os x... nothing on win as I tend to work mainly in os x.

one
    Junior Member one is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Gotham works fine. Elegant and clean.
    Superb

one
    Junior Member one is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Well, in my last project I used klavika. It was very good reception by the client.

Junior Member stvvrules is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Hah, I used DIN 10 years ago in my graphical CV - I loved that font back then but it's become rather old for me as you can imagine when you've been using it for that long. I guess I was ahead of my time because I notice it everywhere these days ;)

And generally, clients have a poor opinion of fonts. Comics Sans being so popular in custom-made stuff says it all ;)
    Indeed, they always say: 'Why don't you use Comic Sans ?' I hate it :D

Junior Member twowind is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Avenir

Avenir. Clean. Cool. Delicious

Junior Member twowind is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Avenir

Avenir. Clean. Cool. Delicious

Junior Member Luca is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    If it's not Helvetica then Gotham

Junior Member Majestic12 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

11. Your ad here

Junior Member printchesco is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think that you should take all of the fonts that have been mentioned a lot of times and immediately cross it off your list. Sure they look good, but too much of anything takes away from the value, and with the millions of fonts out there you're sure to find an obscure but pretty awesome font easily.

Junior Member ulalume is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalcanvas View Post
    I go through stages and pick a font I use to death such as DIN, Helvetica Nueue Condensed, century gothic but my customers love comic sans when im scrolling through the fonts
    BARF! Comic Sans! Worst font ever!

Franklin Gothic is always a winner

pir8mack
    Gotham for me, but am also fond of Alright Sans.

texasgirl6873

The Font of the Month....

at least for me is Ministry.

We will see what next month brings!

froggy101
    Avant Garde for small lettering and body text
    Arial Black and Impact for bold in your face signage

I have customers who love balloon and marker felt

Blambot.com have some great fonts for lettering, especially usefull if you are in the sign trade.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast