+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Web Designer stole photo with my face. Envato don't do anything.

Banned panlis is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Unhappy Web Designer stole photo with my face. Envato don't do anything.

Hi!

I want to tell you story with Envato and my face (photo was published on DeviantArt) in one of the Wordpress theme on ThemeForest.
    In 2013 I saw my face on theme in ThemeForest. I done screenshots and wrote to Envato. After few days I got reply:

"Dear Wojciech,

Thank you for contacting us on this important issue. In order for the item to be removed promptly, can you please provide a signed DMCA take down notice (copyright complaint). Once we have received your formal DMCA take down notice, we will remove the item and will take further action if needed."

I filled DMCA and after few days I was shocked. Author of Wordpress theme - megadrupal - didn't get ban or something. My photo was still on this theme and... on the other one theme of this user. Envato didn't do anything with my case. I didn't get any apologies or compensation. They also didn't want to give me personal data of author and I couldn't took this data and get lawyer.

Now, after year megadrupal (thief) change photo in theme but my face is still on many websites (as placeholder in slider on main page). After this situation I stoped using any Envato services. They let their users to breaking the law and have fun with it. Business is business but is was aweful situation for me.

I hope you will never have heart attack after seeing your photo on any website or theme as main photo on slider or other places like this ;)

Banned tranquilconflict is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'm not familiar with Envato, but if they use any major web host, then you should contact them about the issue. Otherwise, it'd probably be in your best interests to consult a lawyer that's familiar with copyright law. Remember to also save any interactions between yourself and the parties at fault. If you decide to take any legal action, this well help you a lot.

Banned mediahog is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Sadly, until they get a stop and desist letter from a lawyer, they won't do anything or very little. It's up to you to make that investment, or let it slide as is.

Banned mediahog is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Even if they do take it down, I doubt that you'll ever get compensated even with a lawyer. Just as being a good content provider, they should yank the theme until the author removes your images.

+ Reply to Thread