Topaz B&W Effects is a black and white converter and image enhancer that gives you a variety of tools, making it easy to create stunning black and white compositions. More than your traditional black and white conversion tool, Topaz B&W Effects offers more enhancement tools and greater flexibility for a more diverse range of looks.
Hereâ€™s a shot of the interface and 10 of my favorite new features found in Topaz B&W Effects:
1. LOTS AND LOTS of presets. Iâ€™m talking an extensive library with over 150 presets simulating traditional and alternative B&W processes!
2. Preset Collections. The presets included in Topaz B&W Effects are organized into 7 collections â€” each offering a different style of effects from traditional Silver Gelatin to stylized. Unique to Topaz are the Van Dyke Brown Collection, Cyanotype Collection, Opalotype Collection and the Albumen Collection, which all simulate historical printing processes. This allows you to give your images an authentic look and feel. Learn more about the collections below...
3. Selective Brush. Intuitive selective adjustment brush for burning, dodging, selective color and selective detail â€“ plus edge-aware options.
4. True Grain Filter & Grain Creation. Choose from your favorite films or create your own grain.
5. Adaptive Exposure. The power of Topaz Adjust is infused with B&W Effects to help create dynamic detail and exposure â€“ Let me just say that this is my FAVORITE feature!
6. Quad Tone. Allows for 4 different tones to be selected and applied to different tonal regions within your image.
7. Creative Effects. Includes popular characteristics seen in Topaz favorites like Adjust, Simplify and Lens Effects to creatively enhance your images.
8. Finishing Touches. Includes effects to give your image the perfect final touch. This includes borders, vignettes and more.
9. Effect enable/disable. Clickable preview options that allow you to hide or view a set of adjustments for easy comparison.
10. Stage-based interface layout for a simple and streamlined workflow. All of the tools are broken down into steps to help ease you through the editing process.