+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts about logos

Banned lenka is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think logo in its classical meaning is not needed in current graphic design in fact, todays brand can be built only on the other aspects like layout, regularly changing symbols or maybe even only philosophy of visual outputs etc..

Banned CAWqueen is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think Lenka is right. Today, traditional logos aren't always necessary. There are so many aspects that go into branding. Simple and straightforward can say a lot.

Banned Steffy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    For me every company needs a logo, but nowadays I feel that a lot of companies don't understand how important is to have it. I've met people that don't even know what a logo is or that underrate its power, and make it by themselves or by friends that at good with computers...making (obviously) an horrible result. And the consequences of a horrible logo will lead the company's boss thinks even more than a logo is not necessary, not that a horrible logo is worse than a no logo.

I feel so frustrated when I met people like this...

Junior Member mrgarcia707 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Lightbulb Everyone needs a logo

Everyone needs a logo because everyone needs a signature, a way to be identified in a world where many companies copy and mimic the next one. Logos help us identify and distinguish products and the small differences between them. They also help build branding and corporate identity.

Junior Member printford is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    a brand doesn't need a logo

so much can be conveyed by other aspects; such as fonts that are used and graphic elements like patterns etc

Banned mrwayne is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    That is true, a brand doesn' need (only) a logo. But the process of becoming a brand, certainly involves a good amount of design, copywriting, strategic thinking and the last but not the least, the people that believe in it - from its moment of birth and on.

Junior Member xxaxx is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The logo is one of the most important parts of a company, it uniquely identifies your company in that sea of signage. A good logo can set you apart from your competitors ... I would tend to trust a company that spent the time and thought that goes into a well designed logo over one that just used times new roman italicized in red for a logo.

Banned stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    imagine a person without a face :s

Member Signsup is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think a lot of logos out there are just pure crapp. They are grossly over-prices and have absolutely nothing to do with the business or industry that is using them.

Junior Member knif is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    To me it is obvious that brands need a visual identity more than ever, exactly for the reason that world is full of signs, logos and other visual pollution. They need to distinguish themselves out of this crowd. But it has become much harder than last century, because of the actual diversity of visual identities.
    Design needs to focus on one strong concept and push it with all visual communication supports.

11. Your ad here

Banned torch511 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    When we talk Logos I really feel that Logos are just part of Brand Identity, and without the latter, the former does not have much impact.

It really kills me when the decision makers in businesses, mostly medium sized ones, don't get that they need to establish and maintain brand identity. It's even more infuriating when large businesses that know this spend the dollars to establish an identity but then don't bother following it.

I was in a meeting about a year ago with Company X... they have a beautiful 180 page perfectbound book describing in great detail their national brand identity. Said by the VP of marketing "Well, it's more like just a guideline, don't feel like you have to follow it"

Some times you just keep your mouth shut and collect the Benjamins.

Banned gumball1987 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    knif is spot on. There is so much visual pollution out there, and it's growing, so you need a solid logo to catch the eye of the people. But in today's society, it's not enough. You can have a very good logo among terrible looking ones, but behind that good logo may be a terrible business. So yeah, you need all aspects of branding to be at it's best to give the user a satisfying experience, and gain the trust of said user.

Junior Member dfer2190 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CAWqueen View Post
    I think Lenka is right. Today, traditional logos aren't always necessary. There are so many aspects that go into branding. Simple and straightforward can say a lot.
    Agreed, but as simple as the logo may be, a brand identity is necessary.

Junior Member coerenzazero is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur.dent View Post
    In a world full of signs, does anyone need a logo.
    Or, with other words, who needs a logo?
    To have no logo, is it the same to have a logo?
    Would you open a store without a signage?

Banned CandySC78 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    IMHO, the logo is more important than the actual name of the company. When properly chosen & executed, the logo gives instant visual brand identity. Most people recall and respond to simple shapes more than lengthy or just plain text. Marketing without a logo is pointless... marketing with only a logo is borderline genius (i.e., Apple and VW campaigns come to mind).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast