+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Silhouette Cameo

Banned momentsbytimothy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Silhouette Cameo

I wanted to see who else is using a Silhouette Cameo or other type of at-home diecutting machine for their professional work.

I have had my Cameo for 2 years now and never regretted spending the money on the machine. I have definitely earned my money back by being able to offer die-cutting at a fraction of the cost compared to having a custom die created. A large percentage of my designs are for weddings so it works perfectly for these.

Only downside to the machine is it cannot cut 130# cover or thicker.

Anyone else using the Cameo to do die-cutting?

Junior Member Lolamae has a spectacular aura about Lolamae has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    I actually looked into getting one a while ago but bought a house so I felt it was a "luxury" that I could put off for the time being.

I'd be really interested to hear how it works though. Do you have to use specific software? Are there any limitations (aside paper weight)? Could you do intricate designs, monograms etc?

I'd love to see a couple of examples of what you've done with it?

Banned demon303 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Red face

I've bought a Silhouette Cameo 1 year ago and i've used it mainly for cutting stencil (plastic sheets, pvc or vinyls) .
    I'm pretty happy with it . I use illustrator to draw complex shapes then export dxf and open it with Silhouette software . The Oem software it's not bad bud a little limited (and i'm too much used to draw with illustrator )

The only thing i wanted was the ability to cut thicker plastic sheets . I have to do double cuts and then refine it by hand ; but for the price of the Cameo i cannot blame the lack of "power" .

Junior Member Lolamae has a spectacular aura about Lolamae has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    In the Uk you're looking at about £270 for one, do you think it's worth that amount?

Banned linguza is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I never had any problems with printing from TTF fonts :/

Banned demon303 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've spent 300€ one year ago and i think i would spend it again .

For that price you cant take nothing better i think .

There are several "nobrand" plotters around but they are not compact (this one fit on any desk) and not even close to this quality .

My opinion is to buy this one :)

Member ECUPirateMom is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I bought my cameo almost 6 months ago and LOVE it! I'm even considering upgrading the Graphtec (industrial) one. Anyone consider upgrading theirs so they can plot larger vinyl?

Thanks
    also meant to ask if anyone uses adobe illustrator with their cameo? I just bought the silhouette connect plug-in that allows you to cut directly from illustrator (instead of Sil Studio) and love being able to cut a step out of the design to cut process.

Banned momentsbytimothy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I use the plugin for Adobe Illustrator.

I know it is the first version of it and it could use a few more features. I find it hard to center things as there is no button (like in the software that comes with the Cameo) to automatically center it on the sheet. I like to get the most use of my stocks so I fill the sheets quite full.

I think with an update the plug-in will come along and have increase functionality. Right now it is nice to not have to export a .dxf file and then open it in the OEM software.

Thanks
    yes it definitely has some bugs to work out but Silhouette America said they were working on it so *fingers crossed* it happens soon.

11. Your ad here

Banned dazzul is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I considered one of these recently but i think the cutting width needs to be larger.
    I feel that it would restrict my work to much but they are fun to play with.

If you have any local printing shows go along and see if theres a demo one to try and win you over.

Banned cascolo will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    If you have time post some pics of some interesting project,you have done with your Silhouette.

Banned pperpich is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

silhouette

i have had my silhouette for about a year. i use it for cutting vinyl for sandblasting, made countless arts & crafts with it including xmas ornaments, bottle labels, wedding gifts, etc. i would like to add on the silhouette connect program but have been unable to find it cracked. i do screen printing as well & have used the silhouette to do "one time" stencils without having to waste emulsion. for a starter machine it is great. well worth the money & the software is free.

Thanks
    I did see you could get the Connect program for 30% off (making it 27.99) using the code CUTEFOX. I still thinks it ridiculous that you have to pay that much for a freakin plugin since I feel it should be included in the cost of Designer Edition but whatevs :) still love my cameo!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ECUPirateMom For This Useful Post:

Banned pperpich is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

silhouette connect

i agree. it is only a plugin... i'm sure someone will crack it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast