+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for Graphic Designers?

Junior Member tonyzafi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Your best optiont

Your best options should be first or last as they will make the biggest impression. Also you need to have something better than it is 'the best option'. There has to be a reason, why it communicates better, why it would be received better

Junior Member mhioku is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzegraphics View Post
    I have been designing for many years now but I am still finding it difficult to persuade customers to choose a certain design.

Let me explain...I design 3 options. But I know 1 of them is the best and really want the customer to choose that 1.

Most of the time they choose the worst 1 which really dissapoints me.

Does any know of a way to persaude them to choose a certain 1 at least some of the time?

Make sure all of your designs are good, and stop playing favorites -- design is a service industry ;-)

Junior Member carma depo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Woaw

Quote Originally Posted by decamedia View Post
    http://psd.tutsplus.com/articles/inspiration/teach-yourself-graphic-design-a-self-study-course-outline/
    Very helpfull nice share

Banned bscureas is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    explaining the logic is key, and making it seem like you know more about design. example: i've designed logo for an accessories company, in comic sans, in a stuffy calligraphy, and in avenir.

i lead with this: "so, i like this avenir best, but wanted to show you other options as well. that said, avenir, i think, best reflects you as a company, because it's femi while still strong and modern - unlike the calligraphy - and also, it communicates a certain seriousness that that many of your competitors don't. in our first meeting, you said that seriousness and femi were adjectives that really reflect you as a brand, and i think that this really does that best."

that doesn't always work, but it seems to be helpful to make it sound like you're merely translating their brilliance into graphics, rather than the situation where you are a creative breathing human being with taste.

Junior Member vitalio is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The better the task composed the better designer will implement it into design. So, first I suppose that is needed to make the right design is to get from the client his vision of end result, make sketches, let them make sketches. If he has doubts, convince him and do like both of you agreed. Any vague "wishes" will cause you to lose a lot of time making variants and changing your design.

Banned bela is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    in my presentations always try to tell a little story about the logo - inspiration (photos/illustrations), i show them few steps in development process, color schemes, history/background, few applications (on various materials)... it usually does the trick - helps the client to see your work the way you do (assuming you develop your logos with all that in mind :))...

Donor carrick is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    you have to try and ''sell'' the you think it's the best. tell them the little story behind the elements composing the design, i'm sure some of them will have been inspired by something related to the customer's business. people like that. if there are a few elements like that in the design, inspired by the actual business you are designing for, most people will love it.

and don't be afraid to stand your ground if you think option is better than the other - people appreciate that (some of them)

don't get too attached to either design - i'm assuming you're a commercial designer so you should be used to rejection by now - some clients simply do not understand good design.

look at this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfprIxNfCjk

Banned lemoooonnn is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    sometimes it's a case of clients having bad taste? i know there has been rules saying "the client is always right" but i don't buy it 100%

Banned marberr is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I find explaining about the specific appeals of your preferred design works sometimes. How it appeals so well to their target audience, how it portrays them best, and so on. Clients will then catch onto which design you like best and consider that when making their decision. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Junior Member action88 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    When I am presenting work to clients talk with confidence in your work and make it clear from your t that you are the professional and then hopefully they should trust your judgement.

11. Your ad here

Member tinytoes has a spectacular aura about tinytoes has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pacobcn01 View Post
    Never offer them an option you do not want to choose... because they will choose. Sure.
    True!

I make 1 option only. I show to the client. If they seem satisfied with it, I don't show the other 2 options anymore.

Junior Member saleem.azm81 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    try this, first show the customer design which u doesn't like and the best in the last

Banned ohhmygod is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks
    thanks for the great info.

Junior Member vag66 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzegraphics View Post
    I have been designing for many years now but I am still finding it difficult to persuade customers to choose a certain design.

Let me explain...I design 3 options. But I know 1 of them is the best and really want the customer to choose that 1.

Most of the time they choose the worst 1 which really dissapoints me.

Does any know of a way to persaude them to choose a certain 1 at least some of the time?

I am 24 years in Graphic Design business and I always presented 1 solution.

Junior Member dunghuongvt is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I often visit psdbox and tutplus to read them lesson about graphic design, so cool

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast