Closed Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: quark or indesign

Junior Member Kostas Kapa is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I began working on Quark and -as many of you- moved to indesign 8 years ago. Using CS4 Adobe suite and i'm quite happy.
    I have a customer that uses Quark 8 and i produce the pfd's for him so i kind of have to use Quark 8 a bit once in while and i must say it's awesome but i'm not willing to change my workflow right now.
    I'm curious about the 9th version though.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member heyheyash is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    inDesign
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Member abracadabra is a splendid one to behold abracadabra is a splendid one to behold abracadabra is a splendid one to behold abracadabra is a splendid one to behold abracadabra is a splendid one to behold abracadabra is a splendid one to behold abracadabra is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    Quark is outdated! In prepress everybody is using InDesign.

Banned tekateado is on a distinguished road
    sorry for my mistakes, I dont speak english very well
    Thanks
    Indesign is the only soft (for me) that don't need learn it. Its so easy for any graphic designer.
    Is to easy change to indesign and leave Quark.

Banned DoubleOZiggy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    InDesign all the way

Junior Member riadh2002 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Indesign is much better, plus it integrates with the Creative suite quite well

Banned iggy_go is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Indesign

No dubt! indesing always

Junior Member S-LineSigns is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    indesign for sure!

Banned famestre is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Quark vs InDesign

For me, is a debate like Mac vs Windows, TrueType vs OpenType, Illustrator / Freehand vs Corel, as many more...
    Personally speaking is a null debate because all these are mere tools, and the tools are as good as people using them.
    With knowledge, practice and patience all tools are good so far as make working. Obviously there are pros and cons in all this technologies. But until we use it we don't know how useful are.
    Opinions?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to famestre For This Useful Post:

Junior Member S-LineSigns is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by famestre View Post
    For me, is a debate like Mac vs Windows, TrueType vs OpenType, Illustrator / Freehand vs Corel, as many more...
    Personally speaking is a null debate because all these are mere tools, and the tools are as good as people using them.
    With knowledge, practice and patience all tools are good so far as make working. Obviously there are pros and cons in all this technologies. But until we use it we don't know how useful are.
    Opinions?

I agree actually. Some prefer over the other, there's no "THIS IS RIGHT"

12. Your ad here

13. The Following User Says Thank You to S-LineSigns For This Useful Post:

Member manu66 will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Quark XP was an industry leader, and they tailored their pricing accordingly, making it VERY difficult for freelancers to get legal copies (I did, back in 2003, and still regret it).
    It does have a lot of under-the-hood treasures, like a really professional kerning editor

but...

InDesign has evolved so much since its beginnings (anybody remember how obnoxious the early versions were) and the seamless integration with PS and AI, plus the more reasonable pricing (even though that's getting a little tougher) make it a must for graphic design and publishing work.

Anybody here remember what it was like working with Aldus Pagemaker and Freehand? (gag)

Junior Member Pappy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i remember using quark in high school, but now i strictly use indesign. i don't think i would remember how to use it now however. i think i made faux newspaper layouts and stuff.

Banned famestre is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manu66 View Post
    Quark XP was an industry leader, and they tailored their pricing accordingly, making it VERY difficult for freelancers to get legal copies (I did, back in 2003, and still regret it).
    It does have a lot of under-the-hood treasures, like a really professional kerning editor

but...

InDesign has evolved so much since its beginnings (anybody remember how obnoxious the early versions were) and the seamless integration with PS and AI, plus the more reasonable pricing (even though that's getting a little tougher) make it a must for graphic design and publishing work.

Anybody here remember what it was like working with Aldus Pagemaker and Freehand? (gag)
    Surely! I was used PageMaker from version 3 to 7.2 (already Adobe brought) and when InDesign came out is PageMaker with stamina. Freehand i used from version 1.1 to MX 11.04, always was my favorite on Mac and PC and its Next port called Virtuoso. Always loved this program! It would be return someday?

Banned seeson is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Learned QuarkXpress back in college but now I only use InDesign. Can't imagine ever going back.

Junior Member endy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    indesign no doubt

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast