Closed Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: quark or indesign

Banned skaventh is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    When the first time indesign were release it is okay but QX were better for everything. Nowadays Indesign has advanced so much while QX getting more and more left behind.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned DoubleOZiggy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'm not sure if it is simply because I started using InDesign first, but I prefer this significantly over Quark. I use Quark from time to time and I just am not a fan of how the UI works. InDesign is much more intuitive in my opinion.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned amidjang is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've been using AI for everything since they introduce the multi-pages function. Hstly, since I'm working a lot with vector graphic, it's much easier for me.

Just my 2 cents.

Junior Member ctenus is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I used Quark for many years, but because most customers switch to indesign, I also had to change.

Banned leila is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amidjang View Post
    I've been using AI for everything since they introduce the multi-pages function.
    There is no multi-pages fonction in Illustrator... only a multi-workspaces system that is used as a workaround for trying to use Illustrator as multi-pages layout software, which it is doubly not : not a layout software and not a multi-pages software!!!

Why don't you use the right software for the right use, and make your multi-pages jobs in a real layout software, like InDesign, instead of butchering your jobs and bothering the printers by using an inappropriate design software???

(as some years ago some stupids were pains in the asses for printers by making multi-pages with Illustrator using layer for each page and pretending that it was easy to control the pages using the "Layers" palette... This was a huge mess for burning films from this crap!!!)

And that's the "funny" thing of this job: softs are made by editors for a specific use, but there is always some stupids that take these softwares for other uses than the dedicated use (like making layout in Illustrator or even in Photoshop... or even in PowerPoint!!!)...
    I met many guys like that in my years of pre-press job, and often they are even proud to claim that they are smarter than everybody else, claiming they are able to do the same jobs with an easier and/or cheaper way than others do, but they don't see that in fact they are just incompetent, are wasting their time and make crap or half-crap...
    And they also do not understand that they are pains in the ass for printers, giving them extra unuseful workload, making them waste time and energy!!!
    Last edited by leila; 04-29-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Junior Member ctenus is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I know what u mean. A few years ago I received an entire magazine made ​​in Corel Draw...

Nothing against Corel, which can be good when used correctly, but this magazine was a nightmare.

Banned doomallcaps is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I have to go with Indesign all the way – Only as I spend a lot of time in both Illustrator and Photoshop making the transition to Indesign from both these Adobe programs seems to be so much more seamless than moving into Quark. Strangely we were taught to use Quark in University over Indesign, I think mostly as all our lectures were used to using this – Have to be hst in that I haven't touched Quark since then...

NJM
    Junior Member NJM is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stvvrules View Post
    I've recently worked with a trial of Quark Express and in my opinion indesign is far better.

I think the adobe selection is easier in use then Quark. It took me hours in Quark to edit a design from a client, something i would've d in less then half an hour in indesign.

This is off course my opinion and it could be that i didn't like Quark because of the fact that i'm familiar with indesign and the whole adobe collection.
    InDesign here as well, especially if you are working at all with the rest of the ACS apps.

Junior Member andrewxprint is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

indesignq

definitely indesign. much easier to use. thing in quark's favor is that its unusability makes it harder to make minor mistakes (accidentally moving a text box, image etc.)

Banned rickawesome is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Indesign. Pretty sure that adobe will own Quark soon enough anyway

11. Your ad here

Banned johndoe4599 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Indesign, but not thrilled about it going subscription-only.

Junior Member crazyPixel is a jewel in the rough crazyPixel is a jewel in the rough crazyPixel is a jewel in the rough
    Thanks
    I have used QuarkXpress for many years but lately I've been using InDesign.

Xpress is still truly 'artisan' lovely products especially for books

Of course this with today's digital publishing loses a little of importance

Junior Member Willer is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Indesign

Indesign is the best program is complete and has everything you need!
    Quark is also a great program, but Indesign is far superior ... at least in my opinion ...

Junior Member tatayoyo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

InDesign

Quark is an "old" software like the old PageMaker.
    The GUI is not very understandable for me.
    It's a shame because Adobe is too big but InDesign is a better software.

Banned HisDudeness is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I prefer InDesign but I may be a little biased since by the time I started to use layout software, Adobe had already started to monopolise the industry and Quark was losing user base.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast