Closed Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: quark or indesign

Junior Member pubius is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i have to say, i dragged my feet on indesign. i came over to it pretty late. but having a pretty decent knowledge of adobe apps combined with extensive years of quark, the transition was fairly seamless. especially when i had no choice but to cram on a project!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member jaycopes is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think in-design is the winner here and for reason only... Industry standard.
    no uses quark which is a shame but last time i checked it was well behind the times.
    every uses it because of compatibility, which is a pain in the arse because Adobe have taken over the industry.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Donor Capodastra is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Angry InDesign wins for me

Have worked with Quark within the print industry since version 2.5 and have had so many issues with it, even after their promises of bug fixes in the numerous updates, right through to 8.5 when I finally bit the bullet and spent a month solid on Indesign CS4 (now on CS5) and cracked it, and you know what, I will NEVER go back to Quark again. There are claims they make about the software which are only partly true; take their claims to import native Photoshop files - crap - SIMPLE files, yes, but you try it in 8.5 with a vignette photoshop transparent background and you are stuffed! I spent literally hours at points through sunny days with the help guy who finally admitted that they do not have access to the coding Adobe use to be able to import the 'complicated' files. InDesign works with it seamlessly, I can do so much more with it where as before I had to create graphics in Photoshop and import them as tiffs into Quark as the ONLY way to do some work and the time I wasted! Even now with version 9.5 - bug fixes - they still do not work well with, say, FontAgent Pro, crashes EVERY time so I have read, they will fix it in 9.5.1 . . and here they go again. If it wasn't for the number of people who are trapped with Quark I am certain many would have walked by now.

If you work within the creative graphics side of print then you gotta go to the CS Suite, you will be SO PLEASED you did!

But then again, maybe I am biased because I took Quark's sh1t for so long!

C

Junior Member carboto is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    InDesign CS6 wins out, especially with the ability to create interactive form.

Banned vasilescu is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Seems that InDesign is a winner. I use the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), and the seamless integration between them, the ease of placing file format within another, as a link, as well as the very similar interfaces and keyboard shortcuts make a clear winner out of it, to me...

Junior Member angust is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

I like Quark but...

I used to use Quark. But since Quark fail to catch the OS 10, It lost the market!

Junior Member Slickchic is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Both products have their strengths but I think Indesign is more user friendly especially for some new to the program.

Junior Member cicsmayhem is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I haven't used quark but indesign for me is enough.

Junior Member eranno is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    For me it's InDesign. I think it's the most professional for paging and book design.

Junior Member wasfirst is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    indesign all life long

11. Your ad here

Junior Member alvin is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    on mac use Quark lo
    on pc use indesign

Junior Member Ngamia77w is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

It Depends

If you're starting out in the industry then I would say you should learn InDesign first. Not only because they are now the market leaders, but because they present the basic concepts better. Once you are through the learning curve, by all means take a look at Quark and learn whats different.

uxu
    Banned uxu is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I started with Quark on PC back in the day, but when I moved to Mac I started to use InDesign, also because of the connection it as with Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.

Junior Member charlyp is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Indesign is the future and the best of the best choice. If you have the "bad" habit of prehistoric QuarkXPress then check this to switch.

Migrating from QuarkXPress to InDesign

[URL="http://www.adobe.com/designcenter-archive/indesign/articles/indcs3at_quarkmigration.html"]http://www.adobe.com/designcenter-archive/indesign/articles/indcs3at_quarkmigration.html[/URL]

Donor ladykiller is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Indesign

I prefer Indesign. And also at work we didn't get any Quark files any more.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast