Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quark or Indesign

Banned calgarydude is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    +1 vote for inDesign wouldn't use anything else. :)
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member brdss is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    QuarkExpress here, almost 70% of the time. Might be as that is what we are used to.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Donor zuz43 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quark - more fast and more stable
    Indesign very strange and use designers like Corel not for prepress and poligrafia

Junior Member A Fox is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Q or I ?

I started off using Ventura a long time ago. Then started using Quark & PageMaker. Then came InDesign, but did not like so much. I prefered Quark over InDesign for starting any new projects.
    Now the complete opposite. I'd rather use InDesign CS4 or CS5, over Quark 8 any day.

Nemesis
    For me one reason is enough at least when printing is about. Adobe is inventor and creator of PDF format. Application intended for page layout and creating print ready PDF files by my opinion is better to get from Adobe's manufacture. Even when web is about you have various epub options and creating highly interactive PDF files.

Time will tell when all competition dies who is the main player. Quark at this stage is far from close in every way to InDesign.

My 0.02$.

Cheers.

PRC Member congproprint will become famous soon enough congproprint's Avatar
    Thanks
    always vote for INDESIGN.

Junior Member cyrilain is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I prefer InDesign

Junior Member artist1 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    quark is always a better programm compared to indesign. Also it is more stable. The problem is it does not have any vector or raster editing suit like adobe products.

Junior Member hoppenstaedt is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    quark is the best!!!

Angen
    It's been a long time since i open Xpress... now InDesign!

11. Your ad here

jox
    Donor jox is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    indesign/win7 64bit -> export to (composit) pdf 1.3 -> pdf trapper -> CTP unit

Donor toosmrt2bdum is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quark is more of a favorite for industry vetrans for sure. I love indesign way better because it has a ton more features. Plus it has great integration with photoshop and illustrator so things are much more seamless and efficient. Plus the interface is more familiar for the same reason, its all by 1 company. Plus you save some cash since its all bundled together.

Junior Member lzweifel is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Question Hello Everyone.... Please Help!

I am a newbie, no question. I know absolutely nothing about printing... what I like to do is design, just for fun. However, I am starting a new career for myself, basically just for my own enjoyment. I know what I want to do, but have only fooled around with "baby" programs, never stepped out of the box and spent the money on a real program. Now that I am ready for the real thing I am not sure which... What I do know is that I want to make the "printer" of my projects happy, in the past I have completed a project and turned it into a PDF before taking it to the printer, this obviously gives them no room to correct last minute errors. I want to be able to do as much of the ground work of a project as possible so I want to use the program that will be flexible as much as possible with the printer. I guess I should possibly pick a printer and go with what they say, but I need to learn a new program and was looking for a professional's opinion..... QUARK OR INDESIGN... I have the latest versions of both.

Please help a new comer and look at the question from someone that has not used either program, which will be more flexible and easier to learn?

Thank you!
    Last edited by lzweifel; 09-03-2011 at 07:23 AM.

Junior Member Imago is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Indesign all the way!

I when I studied design we used Quark Express but after moving to Indesign I haven't looked back one! Indesign has seamless integration with the rest of the Adobe suite!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Imago For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2