+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Portfolios

Junior Member hatchet is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Portfolios

How do you all share portfolios of your digital work? I see a lot of screenshots imposed onto fake computer screens.

Banned stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    To be practical and fast at the moment, you can download Internet many are free and of good quality, to create I think you can use photoshop.

Junior Member unduotrois is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchet View Post
    How do you all share portfolios of your digital work? I see a lot of screenshots imposed onto fake computer screens.
    I personally only put home screenshot on a device screen and the rest of the pages as is with little a truncated browser bar at the top. I think it's important to put it in context because some of the single page websites these days feels like print based info graphic slide show. I've also seen the digital work as animated gifs. That's helpful if you are trying to show off the UI's transitions.

Also my computer and device screens are flat line art instead of the Apple product images.

Yeah I too am interested to hear what others are doing to show digital work…

Banned bela is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i combine both - i upload screenshots and then i do a mock-up or two. i prefer simple 3d models (just the device on white background, as clean as possible) because i think if the work is good it shouldn't be overclouded by some photo full of details...
    (also - free mock-ups get downloaded a lot - you don't want to see some other studio using that same "hand holding iphone 6 at the bar" photo!)

Junior Member kmouchi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    if you're going digital, and if it's an animation, maybe you can make a montage, or animation of all your work. I've seen in many animation majors that they do a reel of their animation work.

Junior Member bonnievy will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    I use a mix of my own mockups (for projects that require less standard applications) and select ones that others have created from Creative Market and Graphicriver. These sites have some great realistic ones (there are a lot of crap on them too though).

Sometimes cheap stock websites have good blank product images on white you can use. Needs touching up to create something good-looking but not too much effort.

Junior Member sealgrass is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I second unduotrois' approach, with a fake browser bar of some sort. Screencaps of the browser seem to work okay, too. I find the 3d models or fake photos look cheesy. Though digital work that is photographed can be nice too.

Junior Member mikeydoesit is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i personally created a pdf document that works of course on desktop and also just use the adobe reader ipad app. i am sure that there are more intricate and carefully designed portfolio apps but i only really keep my portfolio document in reader for easy access. i use dropbox and ibooks for other longer documents for reading purposes. definitely open to hearing a suggestion on a nice ipad portfolio app if anyone has a suggestion for standard print work to be displayed.

Banned Skatexius is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think it's okay to start with a "on computer screen" mockup, perhaps for the homepage and just finish the rest of it as regular upload — both with or without a "search bar on top" would be fine with me. As unduotrois said, put it into context. I'd avoid putting more than two "on computer screens" depictions, you can't really see much from it :)

Normal Member Batzoug is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I design my own fake computer or smarphone and put screenshot into them. I think it's more personal and original !

11. Your ad here

Junior Member urbers is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks
    I like how squarespace is showing their templates on all white screens. I also like how beta.rallyinteractive.com shows it on phones and tablets with videos and swipes.

Junior Member Miksa is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I prefer how Squarespace displays them, but yeah, sometimes you gotta go with mockups.

+ Reply to Thread