+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Portfolio Hosting Sites

Banned nhocant is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i just use tumblr and you can pay for domain which is cheap.
    or using wix

Junior Member flaviopereiraart is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Behance is nice, or cargo collective is nice also!

Junior Member mmartian is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    FYI, Behance is rolling over into Adobe Portfolio. Here's some info from their representative:

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce that Adobe Portfolio (http://myportfolio.com) launched today in limited preview!

Visit www.myportfolio.com to learn more about this all-new product (and much more below). We’re currently in preview mode, and will be allowing users in on a limited basis until the product is more widely available.

To address a few questions we expect you'll have:
    - If you’ve already filled out the Wufoo form, you are already on our list, so you don’t have to click “request early access” on the site.

- We launched an extensive Help Center at help.myportfolio.com, so you can learn much more about the product’s functionality there.

- Adobe Portfolio will come at no further cost, included in all paid Creative Cloud plans.

- If you're currently paying for ProSite, you will get Adobe Portfolio at no further cost (and until ProSite is sunset, you will get both products for the cost of one)

- If you currently have a live ProSite, you can continue to use ProSite.com and maintain your site until Spring 2016. After this point, we encourage you to complete the transition to Adobe Portfolio or to another portfolio service.

////

When your creative work is your life’s work, nothing is more important than having a beautiful portfolio website. With Portfolio – which comes free with any Adobe Creative Cloud plan – you can quickly and simply build a website to showcase your creative work, so you can get back to doing what you do best.

Build a website in minutes with Adobe Portfolio.

Elegant Layouts
    Choose from a selection of layouts optimized to showcase your creative work.

Ideal for any creative field, from art, illustration, photography, graphic design, fashion, architecture, motion graphics to web design.

Flexible Custom Design
    Our layouts are the foundation to build your own unique Portfolio. Pick one as a starting point, and then customize it to create a tailor-made website. Your work looks beautiful and polished in Portfolio, whether you choose an “off-the-shelf” layout, or prefer to customize.

Responsive Design
    Ensure your work looks great across devices with a responsive layout optimized for all screen sizes. Preview your website on desktop, tablet, and mobile as you edit.

Painless Customization
    Our editor is designed to take the pain out of editing and creating your website. Focus on what you’re creating with a distraction-free editor, and see your creative vision come to life in just a few clicks.

Live Editing
    Watch your changes as you make them, using the simple editing remote. Anything you can see, you can customize.

Custom Domains & More
    Enhance your personal website with a personalized URL, Google Analytics tracking, password-protected page, Typekit Fonts, and much more.

Seamlessly Sync with your Behance Projects
    Behance is the world’s largest platform to showcase and discover creative work. Use Portfolio to create a beautiful custom website and use the Behance platform to network and get discovered. When you choose to sync your Portfolio projects with your Behance profile, millions of viewers can discover and interact with your work.

Junior Member gilty is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    +1 for getting your own domain.

It sounds complicated, but most webhosts now have interfaces that make it just as easy as a "hosted" solution.

Normal Member Batzoug is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I like Semplicelab it's great and they have amazing portfolio template , it's specialized for designer

Banned gumball1987 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Behance is a good one, but if you're really trying to push yourself out there, uploading to all portfolio sites should help.

Banned wardenzanti is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    behance is the best option available, have a check for new "myportfolio" service from adobe, otherwise go own with wp+semplice, best experience ive ever had.

Junior Member ivancho7 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Behance is really nice because you could gain viability. But generally I prefer to create my own website it looks more professional. My advise is to do both. Do you own website and keep Behanse portfolio as well.

Junior Member tmccoy33 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I use dunked.com.

Easy to use, and they have some good templates.

Junior Member Spytz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Behance is great. For those wanting to use Squarespace: If you want to go in and alter the code to further customise the site - it can be a real pain.

11. Your ad here

Junior Member NandexARG is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Behance

I use behance and also a website.
    Both work really well.

Junior Member ngspain is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Squarespace

Squarespace is the fastest moving in my opinion. Behance/Adobe Prosite has the most potential but very generic. Wordpress requires too much upkeep also. For pure ease I think Tumblr and Cargo are really good.

Junior Member sennight is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ngspain View Post
    Squarespace is the fastest moving in my opinion. Behance/Adobe Prosite has the most potential but very generic. Wordpress requires too much upkeep also. For pure ease I think Tumblr and Cargo are really good.
    Another +1 for squarespace. They really mean build it beautiful. Super easy to set up and most importantly, update. A cheapo easy option is also Tumblr as well, I've got artwork on an art tumblr that gets frequented often too.

Junior Member hilary468 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Does behance only Have portfolios from graphic designers or is it a wide range of artists? ( Did I word that right?). Anyway, I think that for the most part it is much more professional to have your own website. Just my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8