Closed Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoshop or Fireworks? Which do you prefer

Junior Member puruppo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    It depends on what you have to do,
    for raster images, color correction etc for sure photoshop, if you have to manage vectors or web thing use fireworks... also if I prefer the combination of Illustrator and Photoshop to do it...
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member Iuri Bernardi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by resdog View Post
    With the acquisition of Macromedia, Adobe has brought Fireworks into it's line of CS products. I was having a discussion with one of my buddies at work, and he seems to think that Fireworks is the "de facto" design tool. I wanted to get a professional opinion on this. So what do you use? Photoshop? Fireworks? GIMP? Some other program?
    I think that the best is Photoshop.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned vasilescu is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Fireworks is certainly worlds better than Ps if you use it for web prototyping, creating pages, states etc. Only not having to bother with tons of layers in Fireworks, as you would in Ps, is a major difference. But there are really lots.

On the other hand, if you do image editing, or doing stuff for print, Fireworks is useless, and Ps is handy.

Junior Member Marco Antonio is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    It depends a lot of work to do if they are vectors or lines you can use Corel or Illustrator, but no images as Photoshop, for all its features and facilities when working with layers, the Gimp is not bad be free software, but the photoshop is much better.

Junior Member trapper is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I prefer photoshop and illustrator for all my work, probobly just because i have the most experience with them (still a noob though). Never heard of fireworks, so I just looked into it now and i might give it a try

Junior Member vermit25 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Photoshop.

Junior Member Bobmountain is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Well,

Photoshop is a usefull tool for color correction, image transformation/

For me it's not a usefull tool for the web anymore.

You should check that link and all of the articles you can read after in the same series :
    http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/general/the-web-designers-guide-to-comparing-photoshop-and-fireworks/

This is good, and brilliant.

Bob

Pal
    Junior Member Pal is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

I won't compare

To me they have their own qualities and are not in the same bull fight. I use photoshop for t-shirt graphics and mockups but fireworks for web graphics. Photoshop is in a world by itself with tons of features.

Member Mark83 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Photoshop in the bitmap programs is the better of the word, you can do anithingh, but you must know how use the brushes and layer style, and filter, if you don't use it is a normal program for printing or edit photo.
    You can write on a google brushes or filter, and the word is open for you.
    Good night

Member Ale_Paris is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    For me it's photoshop without any doubt...

11. Your ad here

Junior Member Vimalk is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Photoshop always. It is the best software I have ever used.

Junior Member Resilience is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    it's like MAC or PC, it depends on your church ! lol

Junior Member fabeluna is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    For websites I use Fireworks. For Pixel Graphics Photoshop.

Junior Member admzangetsu is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danyhell View Post
    ...proffesional designers use Illustrator or Corel Draw, Photoshop is good to start with...anyway depends on industry where you want to use your graphics
    I must disagree on point ... Photoshop is in my opinion very professional software need only reach the conclusion that we want to do and what effect we seek ... to get any good and taking into account that you use in the beginning will probably be what you will use more often ... at least this and my opinion.

Junior Member fonso is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I use Photoshop & Illustrator for webdesign (with a preference for AI which is the best software ever ) but I've been told Fireworks is great for webdesign is some used to work with FW for website design? Would you recommend it?

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast