Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoshop or Fireworks? Which do you prefer

Donor j0209 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Try sending a Fireworks file for output, see how far you get . I'm sure it has it's uses but they sure aren't print design.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to j0209 For This Useful Post:

Junior Member Chaotic_enigma is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've found that illustrator and Photoshop mesh much better than fireworks, I use fireworks for flyers and the like, due to some features that are more readily available and accessable on the fireworks platform.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic_enigma For This Useful Post:

Junior Member KitaCat is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Preference

I've never tried Fireworks and I rarely use Illustrator. My top programs are PhotoShop and Corel Painter but I love freehand. I currently go to school for graphic design (only 3 months 'til graduation) and I use PS and InDesign constantly for projects. It is a preference thing; most designers feel the same way about using InDesign or Quark. Sometimes it's just the one that is more intuitive for you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KitaCat For This Useful Post:

Junior Member jkoay is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    They are totally different. I use fireworks for websites, photoshop for image editing. I think fireworks (legacy from macromedia) are a little redundant if you have dreamweaver.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jkoay For This Useful Post:

sung8
    PHOTOSHOP RULES!!!!!!!! cant wait till CS6

mortalbite

Photoshop

Allways Photoshop. All you can do with fireworks also can do whith Photoshop, but better

Junior Member gunnercobra is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Photoshop.
    But Fireworks looks nice for web graphics.

mortalbite
    Jajajajajaja, yeah, very nice

Donor dtdm is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks
    i use illustrator for EVERYTHING now a days. print layouts still done in indesign however...

Junior Member printchesco is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Things like these are really on a case to case basis, because either one of these software would work fine depending on your need. You have to be more specific with your question to get a decent answer.

15. Your ad here

Junior Member ulalume is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Imago View Post
    Fireworks is designed is a web package only. It is not intended for use in print design work-flows and it does not contain the necessary features for this. Therefore it can not be compared to Photoshop in this regard at all!
    I was just about to post the exact same thing!

Anyway, I love Photoshop

Junior Member mister_stevi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Creative Suit is the professional stuf (Photoshop, in design and ellustrator)

michprof
    I think PS is the standard for raster images.

Junior Member good456 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I prefer Photoshop.

marksperdue
    Quote Originally Posted by Imago View Post
    Fireworks is designed is a web package only. It is not intended for use in print design work-flows and it does not contain the necessary features for this. Therefore it can not be compared to Photoshop in this regard at all!
    I must agree that Photoshop is the defacto image editing software, while fireworks continues to remain as a quick tool for web editing. Both have there place, however Photoshop dose much more but takes more to run and the learning curve is steeper.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast