Closed Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoshop or Fireworks? Which do you prefer

Junior Member admzangetsu is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Well i use photoshop for images and dreamweaver for the code sometimes...
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member chilly is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Always photoshop,
    but i mostly do color correction...
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Donor raksutakan is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    You need to use both. Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
    Raksutakan(mee)

Junior Member banana89 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think the best advice is to try both. Since those are adobe programs you can use the same shortcuts for both programs and so make use of the benefits of each of them.

Cheers

Junior Member Sunardi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    absolutely photoshop. because can`t use firework

Junior Member poco_bw is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

fireworks

i use fireworks very seldom

Donor ItGraphicDesigner is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've always had trouble learning and using Photoshop. To me, it seems way too complicated. Fireworks is much easier to learn and use, and it also integrates nicely with InDesign. It also seems that it's more flexible when designing objects.

Junior Member CP3088 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Photoshop is the better of the in my opinion.

Junior Member Neuspeed674 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Photoshop definitely, although that might be due to my aversion to learning new programs...

Junior Member Sandman is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    It depends on what you're using it for and what you're familiar with. For print work, Photoshop is THE app for working on bitmap graphics and Illustrator is THE program for vector graphics.

For web work, that's Fireworks' niche. Photoshop is more "powerful" but depending on your needs, may be over-kill.

That said, there's never a "best" program. Depending on your experience and how familiar you are with another program, you may find the learning curve not worth the effort if you can accomplish what you want in a program you're familiar with.

It's like the old, OLD argument about which is better a PC or a Mac. I've used a Mac for over 30 years and can't get the hang of PCs. My wife uses a PC and gets lost on a Mac. My son uses both and is equally comfortable on which ever he's sitting in front of.

11. Your ad here

Junior Member rh16 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I prefer Photoshop, but I started with it and am used to it.

Banned Allare1 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

photoshop or fireworks

I use photoshop more than an other program and fireworks I rarely use and I see it as a tool just for creating web graphics.

Banned funkytato is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    fireworks got some fine improvements recently, but still PS seems to be the best fit for me

Junior Member StephaneGfx is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop CS5, really cool new features Pupet Wrap, Content-Aware Fill.. I used it a lot for color retouching.

Banned alengatdula is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by resdog View Post
    With the acquisition of Macromedia, Adobe has brought Fireworks into it's line of CS products. I was having a discussion with of my buddies at work, and he seems to think that Fireworks is the "de facto" design tool. I wanted to get a professional opinion on this. So what do you use? Photoshop? Fireworks? GIMP? Some other program?
    Please read the difference between Photoshop and Fireworks, then stop asking stupid question like this.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast