+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PDF cropping / EPS to PDF

Junior Member Typolover is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

PDF cropping / EPS to PDF

Hi, maybe you know how to solve this.

I would like to convert EPS files to PDF format on command-line (windows) while keeping the document size. When I use Ghostscript to convert EPS to PDF, the EPS is placed on a DIN A4 document.

So I have to crop the PDF to the size of its content. This is possible with a GUI-Tool (http://www.noliturbare.com/pdf-tools/pdf-cropper) but I have not found a command-line-solution yet.

Now I'm looking for a command-line EPS-to-PDF-converter that keeps the size or an automatic PDF-cropper that works from command line.

Do you have any ideas? Maybe there are Ghostscript-parameters that I have missed.

P.S. this should be in PDF & Workflow, not in Graphic Design can a mod move this please?

Banned rastaman is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    command-line tool is necessary?

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Typolover View Post
    Hi, maybe you know how to solve this.

I would like to convert EPS files to PDF format on command-line (windows) while keeping the document size. When I use Ghostscript to convert EPS to PDF, the EPS is placed on a DIN A4 document.

So I have to crop the PDF to the size of its content. This is possible with a GUI-Tool (http://www.noliturbare.com/pdf-tools/pdf-cropper) but I have not found a command-line-solution yet.

Now I'm looking for a command-line EPS-to-PDF-converter that keeps the size or an automatic PDF-cropper that works from command line.

Do you have any ideas? Maybe there are Ghostscript-parameters that I have missed.

P.S. this should be in PDF & Workflow, not in Graphic Design can a mod move this please?
    a generic .eps file has no document size. if you like to get a pdf with size of .eps bounding box you can do easily with acrobat distiller.

Thanks
    Yes, command-line is necessary because the EPS-file is just a unique barcode that is automatically generated by another command-line-tool and placed into each document before printing. Dozens of times per day.

Later graphics and diagrams are played into documents the same way.

Donor j0209 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Postscript to PDF
    http://www.ps2pdf.com/
    The usage for ps2pdf is

ps2pdf [options] input.[e]ps output.pdf

or, on Unix systems and some versions of Windows NT and OS/2

ps2pdf input.[e]ps

which is equivalent to

ps2pdf input.[e]ps input.pdf

So, locate ps2pdf on your system, and give either of those a try.

Thanks
    Found it. Thanks to every. The right parameter for GhostScript/ps2pdf is "-dEPSCrop".

"ps2pdf -dEPSCrop input.eps"
    creates a cropped PDF, while "ps2pdf input.eps" places the EPS-content on a white letter or A4-PDF document.

This should work on every "real" computer because GhostScript is available on most operating systems.

Junior Member saleem.azm81 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    use adobe distiller best

just open the distiller software and drag the eps file in it. thats it, it will convert it to pdf and also compatible size

+ Reply to Thread