Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mac

99 66.00%
  • PC

51 34.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: PC>Mac Which is your favorite and why? (not saying ios vs windows)

Junior Member Cauldron is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I actually have to use a PC because the audio software I use (Samplitude) is only available for Windows. Not to mention, I've grown accustomed to it. Windows has come a long way in terms of stability from where it used to be. Years ago, Apple had the most stable OS around.

Banned sancho is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hackintosh.. best of both worlds!!! (:

Banned jeylalala is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    MacWindows

Mtf
    Junior Member Mtf is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Pc is more modular and have more software choices than mac. Also more open architecture of PC is something I really love. Mac is cool if you want just open photoshop or illustrator and do some graphics, but when you are little more into technical stuff mac will feel little bit like toy. Also prices is something to mentionable :)

Banned momentsbytimothy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I will start out by saying that Apple Products are my preference and have been for several years now.

Out of the box, Apple products display color more accurately than any PC. Of course there are programs you can install or calibrations you can complete to bring both PC's and Mac's close to print color but out of the box Mac's win my vote.

Apple products use their systems resources much more efficiently than ANY PC I have ever used. Especially with the Mavericks update that allows the system to drive all resources to the open active window and "sleep" everything else in the background.

Rendering time is less on an Apple product as well. My personal computer is a 27" iMac while my work computer is some acer PC. At home I can do things is photoshop much more efficiently than at work. I cannot count how many times I am waiting on my work PC to render. Apple products waste less time and therefore save money.

Mac's are definitely an investment. My philosophy is quality over quantity. PCs are cheap for a reason - they are built to break. My iMac is now almost 4 years old, haven't had to do anything to it and still runs like new. How many PC's have you bought or upgraded in the past 4 years because the technology became obsolete or slow?

Let's not forget susceptibility to viruses. PC's are and Mac's aren't.

As a person who uses both on a daily basis both sides of the spectrum get the job done but at the end of every day I choose my Apple Products for their reliability, dependability, and over ability to meet my demands and needs.

Junior Member Cauldron is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by momentsbytimothy View Post
    I will start out by saying that Apple Products are my preference and have been for several years now.

Out of the box, Apple products display color more accurately than any PC. Of course there are programs you can install or calibrations you can complete to bring both PC's and Mac's close to print color but out of the box Mac's win my vote.

Apple products use their systems resources much more efficiently than ANY PC I have ever used. Especially with the Mavericks update that allows the system to drive all resources to the open active window and "sleep" everything else in the background.

Rendering time is less on an Apple product as well. My personal computer is a 27" iMac while my work computer is some acer PC. At home I can do things is photoshop much more efficiently than at work. I cannot count how many times I am waiting on my work PC to render. Apple products waste less time and therefore save money.

Mac's are definitely an investment. My philosophy is quality over quantity. PCs are cheap for a reason - they are built to break. My iMac is now almost 4 years old, haven't had to do anything to it and still runs like new. How many PC's have you bought or upgraded in the past 4 years because the technology became obsolete or slow?

Let's not forget susceptibility to viruses. PC's are and Mac's aren't.

As a person who uses both on a daily basis both sides of the spectrum get the job done but at the end of every day I choose my Apple Products for their reliability, dependability, and over ability to meet my demands and needs.
    With all due respect, for the price that most people end up paying for a high-end Mac, I'd be willing to bet I can build a PC that'll out-perform and, quite possibly, run circles around it. That isn't to say I dislike Apple products. Quite the contrary, actually.

Junior Member isacrosta will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    I'm a Mac user... and happy about it.

Yet, I'm not an extreme fan. I do realize they tend to work better than PCs, and I like much more their design, but they are waaaay more expensive and it is quite arguably if they are as good as they cost.

Banned Me Project is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Has to be Mac. For UI and reliability. Simple to set up, there aren't hundreds of spec options and configurations. Standard spec is easily powerful enough for any print or web work, the only thing it possibly needs upgrading for is 3D rendering. Everyone I send work to or receive work from are on Mac's. They may cost more at the start but have you ever tried to sell a second hand PC! Macs hold their price better.

Junior Member iamnobody is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Mac :] because of better OS... it's more user friendly as others noted...

Banned alliebeth88 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    PC because...well I get a discount on HP products and I'm used to them. Kind of lame reasons, but it is what it is.

11. Your ad here

Banned jtrammell is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    never really worked with mac....but if its anything like iTunes I vote for pc

Banned loekilo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I never really got this debate. I can do what I want on either regardless of OS. I use both for both work and pleasure.

Banned cirogaetano is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    You can upgrade a PC at affordable costs when you need them... you can't with Mac.
    I'm a Mac user and really like my product but its something you can still live without.

Junior Member AlexanderD is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

best mac design software

Could you guys recommend the best graphic design software for mac?

Junior Member Deposito85 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Smile

If you have plans to go into webdesign (and code), choose Mac.
    There are more interesting programs for this platform.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast