Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mac

99 66.00%
  • PC

51 34.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: PC>Mac Which is your favorite and why? (not saying ios vs windows)

Junior Member printhound is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

pc vs mac not ios vs windows

I love how no seems to know the difference between pc vs mac and windows vs ios..... not just this post but a couple people get it. when it gets down to it, a lot of the hard ware is exactly the same now, just different price tags.

But i her that apple is about to start using an even cheaper manufacturer in China. Good luck paying $2500 for a $10 product.

Quote Originally Posted by blast9999 View Post
    What do you mean by speed and functionality? Speed and functionality of what? Windows? How is it faster? I like Mac because the software built in works well and integrates, rather than having to install software and deal with the incompatibilities of Windows. To be specific, there is a big difference between Windows Vista, W7 and now W8, and I am not sure if the problem is system related, or drivers, or something else? With Mac I haven't had as many problems changing from SL to L to ML. There were some upgrades needed (like Parallels), but mostly everything continued on with more useful features added all the time. I can text from my Mac to iphs, etc., all built in. My friend was saying his wife wants Net Nanny on his PCs. With Mac it's built in already.

PRC Member saifou will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    the debate is osx vs windows you prefere osx or windows
    for the hardware macintosh is hight priced pc with dongle inside

Banned Tsar is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'm all about PC's.

They are cheaper, and I can infinitely upgrade them.

Mac's are beautiful.... and that's it.

It's my opinion :)

Member soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    PC

i learned on it. i can fix it. i know where all my files are. i understand the operating system. more programs work on it. it's faster. i can do everything on it. i don't need to spend an arm and a leg. what more. . . . . .oh, there's a back button, haha.

Banned bokusen is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    No Linux option?

I guess I'd go with Windows, although I'm not a fan of Windows 8.
    The more nuanced answer is that they each have good and bad things about them,
    software the other doesn't have, etc.

My current setup is a Mac at work, and a PC with Windows (& a Ubuntu virtualization) at home.

Member Specter has a spectacular aura about Specter has a spectacular aura about Specter has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    PC or Mac is fine for design, I prefer the MAC though with its bigger screen resolution and simple and sleek user interface design

Banned bayoubaby86 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    pros and cons to both, but personally I prefer a mac. if I have to use a pc I prefer any linux distro to windows, however

Junior Member Ratumanuku is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I feel a bit sad when I see people state "if you're designer/photographer/etc, you should go mac". There is just no killing feature so that *must* use Apple's products over other manufactures nowadays, other than personal preference.

Member soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    you're right Ratukamuku. Thanks for standing up for PC! It seems like we're a minority, but i find in date-to-day work, we are not. I don't LOVE microsoft, but between the 2 monopolies, i'll stick with my PC. and i did! By the way, the best designer's laptop is ASUS Republic of Gamers. OMG. what a monster! And it's PC.

Banned univers1314print is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    MAC Pro is Professional graphic processing

11. Your ad here

Junior Member kmouchi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

I'm a Mac

I'm a Mac person because I'm a graphic designer, so I'm used to having Macs and I feel like the user interface is easier than PC now since Windows 8 came out.

Donor ws.bankster is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Cool

Totally expected... I've been out of the PC loop since High school; I was doing the archetypical "buy the newest thing when it comes out" and eventually bin it when something newer was out.

I was sick of upgrading all the time so I switched to Mac; I still use PC because it'd be a real detriment to lose the experience I have with them.

For Apple price is an easy target to blow down, but I think that the useful lifetime of a mac greatly exceeds the lifespan of a PC.

As an example, I got my 27" iMac in 2009 with a Core i5 and a 1TB HDD and 500GB Video Card

I've upgraded that to have internal [256 SSD + 1TB ] with [32GB RAM] and I might upgrade from [4850 Radeon 512MB] to a [6970M Radeon 2GB]

I dunno if I want to throw down the 600 dollars (cost of a reasonable laptop for some people) on just an upgrade.

The other part of me says I should just go for it since the useful life of an upgrade 4 times what I'm at now would lead me to believe I could last for another 3 years easily.

Banned johngeorgepaul is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I migrated to mac in around 2008, and have not regretted it. I dislike some things about it, sure, but the overall experience has been I prefer.

Banned vasilescu is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think Macs are bette: more resilient and, although expensive, have a longer lifespan, a much better quality and finesse, and a better user experience.

Junior Member j-kim is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    in my case i prefer mac but pc is cheaper than mac

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast