Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mac

99 66.00%
  • PC

51 34.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: PC>Mac Which is your favorite and why? (not saying ios vs windows)

Junior Member thaipmj is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Mac Need You

Wow I love U.

Banned fulanow is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Mac, of course. Best components, best hardware, best software...

Mtf
    Junior Member Mtf is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I love PC for its openness and modularity. I think hacker ethic led to birth of this platform and thanks to that it helped humanity expand technological progress.

Junior Member krugerwashere is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I prefer PC, mainly because I also enjoy gaming, so at this point I have done 100% of my work on pc. I do have an older macbook air as media and for web dev debuging.

Junior Member epoch is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

IT doesnt matter that much

Either platform is good. The important thing is to make sure you get good hardware.

By this I mean you want a monitor that can display colour correctly and know not all monitors are equal. Some will show the full gamut of colours and other not.

the software is relatively mature on both platforms. Fonts are generally mature on both platforms.

By Mac's I mean MacBook Pros are one way to go, I would also way up your needs and
    compare them to the Dell Prcision/Lenovo W541/ HP Elitebook G2 with dream color display.

You should not compare a MacBook pro against a cheap Windows laptop, you must compare similar price brackets.

The rest comes down to preference and intended use

Junior Member Morineko is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    My laptop is a Macbook Pro retina. I adore it. It's a bit over three years old, now, and while it's not the super-zippy machine it was when I got it, I have no reason to believe it won't last me another several years.

However, my desktop is a Windows machine that I built myself. I like that I can upgrade the components when I want to, and that it has as much oomph as I care to give it. I have two 27" 2560x1440 color calibrated displays on it, and a GTX 970 to power them. It's what I do the vast majority of my work on.

Generally, I feel like Apple makes fantastic laptops, but for the most part their desktops are overpriced for the limitations they have. And, at this point in time, my Adobe CC license lets me have it installed on both systems (guess what? It works pretty much the same in either OS!).

Junior Member meop will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    If you can afford, Mac, otherwise PC do the work. Like here in my country, its pretty hard to get a Mac, taxes are very high.

Junior Member iamnobody is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think mac has better UI... it doesn't stand in the way as Windows... from the graphics point of view... Although I've heard Windows 10 is an improvement. I love the utilities for Mac, most of apps look prettier, less cluttered with ads and some secret software which installs when you install some other app (Yes, I'm talking about those annoying additional browser tab bars :]

Junior Member ivancho7 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I prefer Mac is really more cool and the Os is more stable. But it is ridiculously expensive. You are paying lots for branding.

Junior Member DiegoEdgardo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I truly love the Mac. It feels solid, expensive (as it is), and reliable. I've used my mother's PC and it feels cheap, slow... and Windows... well.
    Resuming: Love the mac look, feel and performance.

11. Your ad here

Junior Member gerardvj is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I used to work with PC, but when I finally got a good work I bought a mac and I'm so happy with it.

Junior Member williamparker is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Macs definitely. The last time I tried building a PC, spec for spec on par with a 27 imac retina, it reached almost 1.5 times the cost of the new imac. I still needed the mouse and the keyboard. Ouch! The math proved imac to be a lot cheaper. Moreover mac Command Option keyboard shortcuts are a whole lot more ergonomic. e.g. Command-Q is much easier than Alt-F4 etc.,

Junior Member Spytz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Mac, better interface, user-friendly, aesthetically more pleasing I could go on.

Junior Member hilary468 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    This is an older thread (mostly) but it got me thinking because I have been having this discussion with my bf for years now....... I am an iphone girl and he is an android guy and neither of us could ever switch to anything else however when it comes to PC or whatever- Windows all the way. We have tried. We have had three MacBook Pros (well, two, and one macbook air) and we had to sell them within a few months. Its just not something we could ever get used to. Kinda strange. I thought since I loved iphones vs android that would make it easy for me to own a mac but nope, hate them.

Junior Member hilary468 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    oh- just an observation that is not new or anything- but my bf and i find it quite amusing that nowadays it seems to be a major thing when you meet someone new... Like if you are on a first date. You gotta find out if they are team ios or android... and for some, the wrong answer is a dealbreaker!! silly world we live in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast