+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Packaging 3D Rendering Software

Junior Member StephaneGfx is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Packaging 3D Rendering Software

Hi,

I would like to know which software you use to create nice 3D images of your final packaging that will be on market.

We currently take a picture of the packaging and wrap the flat label manually using Photoshop.

I like the fact that my color stay's in CMYK, so there is no RGB to CMYK conversion in the process.

I would like to have feedback.

Many thanks!

PRC Member pilotexx will become famous soon enough pilotexx will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    As far as I know there is no way to have always cmyk files in the process if you use a rendering software different from Photoshop (as you do). Photoshop itself, if you import a 3D file, works in rgb mode.
    Which soft? Good luck my friend, there is a too long index.
    If you work with simple boxes only, you can try boxshot (fast, simple, not expensive, both PC-MAC): after rendered you have to change RGB->CMYK with PSD.

Junior Member StephaneGfx is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Cmyk

I downloaded the demo of box shoot. Easy to use.

When you re-convert the image in Photoshop RGB to CMYK, do you re-adjust the color to match the original CMYK label?

PRC Member pilotexx will become famous soon enough pilotexx will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Generally not. I have clients they realize that the lights can alter the colors that should be three-dimensional, generated by shadows as well as from different perspectives to see different sides (I explained it well to not going crazy ;-). It's physical, not unwillingness to respect the colors. However, the experience helps: if you see that there is too much difference nothing stopping you to correct

Junior Member param is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    try out foldup3d plugin for illustrator

Junior Member toto81 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hello,
    Esko is a company specialized in flexo and packaging industry, they have a box soft but all they do is actually expensive...

Junior Member VassoV is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I use Boxshot 4 ultimate edition, for a while. I think it is a good software for reasonable price. Easy to use, includes a library with many customizable shapes and you may be happy just with them. The ultimate edition lets you load external shapes as well (supports FBX, 3DS, and DAE formats) and this is very useful if you need a shape that is missing from the library.

Banned wildcard77 will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    I had once used foldup3d, which I think was great. dont know about the current version of the plugin

Thanks
    Now you can use "origami": an Illustrator plug for boxes only from boxshot.com site: you can fold die-cuts directly from an AI level. Both for Mac and PC, even the plug (as boxshot) is not expensive, is fast, not complicated and works very well (and I don't take $ from the developer :-)

+ Reply to Thread