+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More zoom in Illustrator

Junior Member petermover is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

More zoom in Illustrator

Hello,

i wonder if somebody knows a plugin or something that makes Illustrator to zoom in more than 6400%. I know that in everyday work it is enough, but believe me when I say I pray every day for a closer view.
    We use ArtPro also near Illustrator, and in ArtPro we can zoom up to - i don't know, let's say - 50000%. If I zoom in Illustrator close to an 5 pt text, I can see 2-3 letters on the screen. When I zoom in ArtPro, I can see let's say the upper left corner of the same "m" letter what I saw near 2 more letters in Illustrator...

I know I can scale the vector files so much as I want, but working with a lot of strokes makes this a bit dangerous and also heavier.

So, if somebody can say me a plugin, or something else for this problem, I would very appreciate it.

I feel I'm just dreaming about it...

Sorry for my english, I'm just learning it... :)

Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    Peter

2. The Following User Says Thank You to petermover For This Useful Post:

Banned mae4444 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

hi

i think there no plugins for this but you can open your illustratpr file in artpro and make whate you want and export it again to illustrator and artpro are better

Junior Member AndrasJ is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Depending on your screen resolution, you may see 6-8mm across at 6400%. I don't see any reason to have larger zoom factor than this. You could see enough details to work with packaging or other artworks and you can set your artwork with the precision 1/100th of a millimeter easily by hand at this zoom level.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrasJ View Post
    Depending on your screen resolution, you may see 6-8mm across at 6400%. I don't see any reason to have larger zoom factor than this. You could see enough details to work with packaging or other artworks and you can set your artwork with the precision 1/100th of a millimeter easily by hand at this zoom level.
    I knew somebody will say this :)
    But we are printing cups, tubs, lids, etc with dry-offset machines, and we also print lids with a rotogravure machine. Our everyday print areas on dry-offset are around from 50x30 to for example 380x50 mm, but we also print 250x110 mm, 280x70 mm, etc. so it is various (there's about 300 forms and sizes variation at the moment)
    We've got 26" Quato screens, and if I can see 6-8 mm on my screen at maximum zoom level, I say it is not enough for me.
    We are working with 0,015 mm thick strokes, very tiny logos and pictograms, and around 4-5-6 pt font sizes.
    The most disturbing thing is the mouse pointing on an object at this zoom level. I often can't position the path to the right place, so that's why I'd like to reach a higher zoom level.

So there are many reasons why we'd like to zoom in more than 6400%, but we already know that is not possible.
    I'm just dreamin' :)

Thanks
    Yes, I know that, but there's only one license of ArtPro in our office, so we can use it only on one Mac at the same time.
    That's the cheapest, and simplier solution, and that's the reason why I can't agree your answer...

Quote Originally Posted by mae4444 View Post
    i think there no plugins for this but you can open your illustratpr file in artpro and make whate you want and export it again to illustrator and artpro are better

Junior Member Masseria is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    If you have coreldraw maybe you can use it i think it has more zoom than Illustrator, Corel X5 is more compatible with Illustrator than older versions.. Maybe you may try that.
    If not, Work in another Scale (like architecs) an then at the end of the job, just resize it.

Junior Member komaxi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I remember a more zoom plugin from esko but I dont remember which one it.

PRC Member M@CK is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    My take on this is to blow up your artwork say 400% with the scale tool and wen your finished scale it back dow to 25% and voila ! 25600 zoom level.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

Junior Member komaxi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    My take on this is to blow up your artwork say 400% with the scale tool and wen your finished scale it back dow to 25% and voila ! 25600 zoom level.
    But you may have problems with outlines.

Junior Member patmak82 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    everytime i tried to use illustrator, i will set the right resolution forst, if i need to zoom, I will just scale to the part i need than i would rescale it back after edit

13. Your ad here

14. The Following User Says Thank You to patmak82 For This Useful Post:

Junior Member Obesepete is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by petermover View Post
    I knew somebody will say this :)
    But we are printing cups, tubs, lids, etc with dry-offset machines, and we also print lids with a rotogravure machine. Our everyday print areas on dry-offset are around from 50x30 to for example 380x50 mm, but we also print 250x110 mm, 280x70 mm, etc. so it is various (there's about 300 forms and sizes variation at the moment)
    We've got 26" Quato screens, and if I can see 6-8 mm on my screen at maximum zoom level, I say it is not enough for me.
    We are working with 0,015 mm thick strokes, very tiny logos and pictograms, and around 4-5-6 pt font sizes.
    The most disturbing thing is the mouse pointing on an object at this zoom level. I often can't position the path to the right place, so that's why I'd like to reach a higher zoom level.

So there are many reasons why we'd like to zoom in more than 6400%, but we already know that is not possible.
    I'm just dreamin' :)
    I never thought this would be a problem, but you've illustrated a perfect example of a need for this. Interesting.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Obesepete For This Useful Post:

Junior Member t00l33t4u is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    like guy above just make larger, zoom in then shrink

18. The Following User Says Thank You to t00l33t4u For This Useful Post:

Junior Member iamtheplatypus is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    you dont need any more zoom you tarded?

Banned NICnoK is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Alright

The post above me was just unnecessary (but funny) I have tried scaling projects up, down etc and even with the variable width tool, I don't encounter any problems with stroke inconsistencies

+ Reply to Thread