Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: MAC vs Window

Junior Member ccbergstrom is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Build a Hackintosh! Or just buy a Mac Pro/Macbook Pro (depending on your needs)

Mac is the industry standard. You can still do pretty much everything on a PC, but it really just depends which OS you like more. In my opinion, some extra my for a better machine, especially with the retina displays they have now, is well worth it! Then again, if you love Windows, you can keep using it and still do fairly well.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned Ehemingway is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    A Mac for sure! It's terrible, but people just tend to take you more seriously as a designer when you rock up with a mac.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned rickbert is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Linux ;-)

aax
    Banned aax is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Mac with Win in bootcamp. Best of both worlds.

Junior Member heuw is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Well I have used a mac for 6 months but switched back to the windows. I am not so much fan of mac as it is bit complected to use but it has some of the best features and support then windows but for working and fun time windows has no match. Choice is yours buddy.

Junior Member gilty is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I use both: Mac with Parallels. Both OSs can get the job d, but OS X is a bit smoother and more user-friendly.

Member marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    I use both but hstly Windows 8 is a lot more smoother and less crash pr than Mac OS X. not that either crashes that often.

Member jacunda will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    I consider both tools in my toolbox. I own both and use or the other depending on what job I need to accomplish. I prefer the Mac for anything a/v creative, music, pictures, video. When it comes to programming, web development, productivity apps, or games I go for the Windows box.

Member marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    there are few annoyances with OS X like not being able to run multiple instance of videos/movies. no left mouse key button on trackpad (minor since u can use finger). double clicking on dock icon does not minimize windows. many custom made corporate software only run on windows. it would have been difficult to get by without a PC during mid 2000 (unless u worked in design field) but that's no longer the case ever since macs invaded college campus and rise of google docs.

Junior Member alvin is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    mac batter for designer

11. Your ad here

Banned medus4 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Windows, no limitations in terms of 3D Design

Banned oks89 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Mac it is :) Handles Adobe better

Banned danielvann is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Still think it doesn't matter. It really depends more on talent than anything else.

I'm really used to Mac and my workflow is optimized for it, but I don't think designing in Windows would make any difference.

The hardware – case, design – on macs are way better tho.

Banned aztecaadict is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by totitotek View Post
    Once you go Mac you never go back
    Yes Mac is much better than Win, there are other

Junior Member athropos is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    If it is for design better use mac.
    for other things, windows is more convenient for me

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast