Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: MAC vs Window

Banned Holiwi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I believe its just a matter of image and presentation. Both, MAC and Windows can do the work perfectly well, but having a MAC is "better seen".
    The only contra of MAC is getting used to it and that it is more expensive, but if you can afford it I would advise that you go for it
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member clocky is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    mac is the best for graphic desgn
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned rickbert is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    C r u n c h b a n g !

Banned c8seki is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

I'd rather use Windows

Because I haven't used Mac until now :)

Junior Member macmac is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    It's a million-dollar question. It's almost like 'to be or not to be'.

Been using Macs since, I dunno, I was born? Had a privilege of never using Windows. From what I can tell, it's so hard to figure out what's what or what's where on Windows.

Mac is simple yet powerful in all aspects. Go Mac, you won't regret it.

Banned flashflow is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've only used PC, but I have to say the OS, interface etc on the Mac looks very nice.

However, I've heard that Adobes products aren't working as good on the Mac as they are on the PC. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but you can always google it.

With the PC, you get the exact same hardware, for a much lower price.

Mac: you pretty much pay the same amount for the OS as the hardware. Not really worth it in my opinion - since the PC can do everything the Mac can.

Lets be hst. People pay the extra $ to be a part of a "special club" of "Mac owners", and sure it would be nice to be a part of it, and flash around a $2500 laptop (that's worth like $800), but why waste your time/my on a company that supports forced labour? (They've probably stopped using forced labour by now, but only after they made sure enough iPh 5's were made. Read more about that: http://thebigslice.org/the-devil-you-know-apple-and-slave-labor/ )

Anyway, these are my personal opinions. I hope it helps you make a decision.

Junior Member lastmandangcing is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    There is no doubt that mac is better for designer.

Banned leila is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flashflow View Post
    I've only used PC, but I have to say the OS, interface etc on the Mac looks very nice.
    But that's not the most important! the best is UNDER the interface.

With the PC, you get the exact same hardware, for a much lower price.
    PCs price is lower, mainly because (except procs, HD, video cards that are the same) PC use cheaper lower quality parts... for example low-price fans (making funny noise after only 1 year), low-price power supplies (badly filtered and creating power surges, frying the mother-board and the processor), low-quality boxes (where you cut your finger when adding a RAM or changing a fan)...

Quality has a price, and cheap goods worth only the little price you payed for them.

... the PC can do everything the Mac can.
    And even more, as the PC has thousands of viruses and worms to run!!!

... but why waste your time/my on a company that supports forced labour?
    Are you that naïve? do you really believe that ONLY Apple uses forced labour?

Did you ever ask yourself WHY a PC is half the price of a Mac?
    (And why some washing-machines or electric drillers are half price of others ?)

Because low-quality parts are made in countries with forced-labour
    And as it's not enough too make such a difference, because forced-labour is also used to lower the price of the whole PC...
    (and also to lower the price of your washing-machine, and your electric driller, and many other things you have in your house without even supposing that they are made by 10 years old indian, chinese or malaysian childrens...)

On that particular point, neither Apple, nor the other PC manufacturers, are innocent!

But thing is sure, and prooved : in professionnal environnements, where reliability, productivity and safety are needed, the Mac does always better than PCs, and the difference worth the price.
    Last edited by leila; 07-28-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Banned flashflow is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leila View Post

PCs price is lower, mainly because (except procs, HD, video cards that are the same) PC use cheaper lower quality parts... for example low-price fans (making funny noise after only 1 year), low-price power supplies (badly filtered and creating power surges, frying the mother-board and the processor), low-quality boxes (where you cut your finger when adding a RAM or changing a fan)...
    What are you talking about? A PC can be customized however you want it, you can get the exact same hardware, fans, everything, as a Mac for a much lower price. /facepalm

And even more, as the PC has thousands of viruses and worms to run!!!
    All you need is a anti-virus software, and there are free s that work fine. I haven't had any problems with viruses, or worms/trojans/keyloggers, because my anti-virus program blocks everything.

Also, here's a quote from the article at the bottom of this post (from 2012):

" High profile malware attacks against Macs this year should have shattered the illusion that Apple computers are inherently more secure than PCs. You're not safe just because you haven't been attacked or are attacked less frequently. "

Are you that naïve? do you really believe that ONLY Apple uses forced labour?
    A lot of companies outsource in China etc. They use "workforces" (or whatever it's called) that treat their employees like shit, but the workers can choose if they want to go to work, or go to school. However, in the iPh 5 incident: that workforce forced students etc to work on the iPh. It became known that the workforce was forcing people to work, which is slavery, and Apple didn't do anything about it (if they did, it was after the iPh 5's were made).

I don't think Dell, HP, Corsair, Asus, etc are focused on profits the same way Apple is. If they were forcing people to work as well, it would be known.

I think people get so worked up over Apple using forced labour because they make such a huge profit on their products. You would think that they would treat their manufacturers to a bonus or something, but that would mean a smaller profit.

But thing is sure, and prooved : in professionnal environnements, where reliability, productivity and safety are needed, the Mac does always better than PCs, and the difference worth the price.
    Anyway, I'm not saying that Mac is a bad computer, the idea of it is perfect, I just don't like the price-tag, and the forced labour (If a decent person was in charge of Apple, they would increase their manufacturers salaries).. If $ isn't an issue, go with the Mac. If you want the same performance, but spend less $, go with a PC.

And people, stop saying that Mac is the best choice / it's more powerful / etc. That's bullshit. Provide information and facts.

If you have the exact same hardware as a mac on a PC: Adobes programs are going to run the exact same way.

Fox news did a comparison in 2012: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/09/22/pcs-vs-macs-who-wins-battle-today/
    Last edited by flashflow; 07-28-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Banned marberr is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've used both and I prefer my Mac. Like others said, it all depends on what you want and how much you are willing to spend. Some designers prefer PCs just because they can custom build them to their exact needs and create their own budget. I'm ok with the Macs Apple sells. I think a Mac is a wiser investment just because they usually do last longer than PCs and they are quite well made and good quality for what you are paying. From my experience, things just go downhill with PCs after their first year. Yes, there are custom built PCs that can run circles around Macs in terms of performance but unless you really need something that powerful, then Macs work great for designing.

11. Your ad here

Banned HisDudeness is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Mac, without a doubt. And they're becoming ever more popular. Up until last week my girlfriend was the only person in my circle who used Windows but she's just (finally) upgraded to Mac.

Junior Member Nidhoggr will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Whichever o n e prefers, I prefer Mac.

Junior Member ost1n is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

yes

I think every has their own choice! Of course for me, Mack prettier and minimalistic

Normal Member dett will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    It's Mac all the way.

Member tinytoes has a spectacular aura about tinytoes has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by totitotek View Post
    once you go mac you never go back
    true!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast