Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: MAC vs Window

Banned davbal is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Mac

Dude, you're getting a dell! Just kidding. Get a Mac. They are extra special.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member RubiK is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Mac all the way. Maybe even the new out of this world 2013 Mac Pro!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Member fuzegraphics is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    How much are you willing to spend is a very important factor.

Mac OS and Windows OS can achieve very similar things.

Mac is much more expensive to buy and software is not as "freely" available.

Banned rastaman is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    My current problem: Living on a place far (!!!!) away from the next Apple Service Provider. Just lost my HD from my 27" iMac. Thanks for that form factor Thats the only problem with "technical" issues

The last weeks I had to work with some Windows 7 machines. After that you know which OS is the best for an comfortable working environment. Drivers, Registry... that sucks!!

Tip: Make also sure you spend a bit more my for the Apple Care Protection Plan.

Banned laemcee13 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Tomato, Toe-ma-Toe. If you've already oriented yourself with PC operating systems, then I think you owe it to yourself to atleast check out the OS operations. Once I made the transition, there was no looking back. But you might find that the Mac train is not for you.

What I will say is... Macs are gorgeous to look at. Both in aesthetics and operation. So, if your hard- wired as a visual person. You will love them in that regard.

(whispering) go for the Mac

IVA
    Banned IVA is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    MAC is better nothing and windows isn't worse. At me on a desktop costs also mac and pc and I do part of work on , part on other. Every copes better with the specific task.

Banned printx is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I vote for Mac.

Junior Member Mill is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    im using MAC in offcie... MAC is number

Junior Member pengintipfs is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    well, mac is more stable but PC is cheaper..
    so for designer on budget like me, PC is way to go..

Banned rstyshklfrd is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Mac FTW

I'm the Mac user in our printshop because I do the design and prepress. They're simple, reliable, and designed for creatives. I get crap from the PC users but I'm the laughing in the end when they see my beautiful monitor and lack of viruses.

11. Your ad here

Banned lamplamp is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Mac is beauty but Win is more popular
    Depend on your purpose, Mac or Win will be better

Banned Brodersen is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Vote for Mac.

Donor j0209 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Bite the bullet, get a Mac. For graphic design, it's industry standard, period.

Banned decamedia is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Mac!

x29
    Junior Member x29 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Consider a Mac

Dear bryan1231,

I'd say that whether or not you're used to Windows and the way it works, you'd still be better off with a Mac and OS X. My experience with Macs is that they have a longer life span. In my work I have met many Mac customers that are happily running 5-10 year old computers/installations. I haven't yet met any (happy) Windows customer with a 5 years old Windows installation.

The only (non-economical) reason I can think of to *not* buy a new iMac 27" would be if you live far from nearest Mac service provider and have critical deadlines in your work, and have no quick access to another Mac.
    Some Mac service providers offer service customers to rent a replacement Mac while they're fixing your computer, so if you use the built-in backup solution (Time Machine) you'll be up and running in the time it takes to restore your home directory from your backup hard drive. Piece of cake.

So, I'd suggest you try a Mac. And as a bonus, if you shouldn't like OS X (?!), you can still install Windows and have a pretty darn good hardware to run it on.
    Oh, and should you decide to sell it, the Macs in general has a higher value in the used-computer-market than PCs.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast