+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: just started using Creative Cloud

Junior Member Morineko is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've been using CC for a while, and am rather fond of it. A big selling point for me was that it's finally platform-agnostic - I can use the same license on my Win7 desktop and my OSX laptop, though I do still run into fonts being slightly differently named, which can be frustrating between platforms. On the whole, it's run very smoothly for me, though.

Banned rolotony is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I had to get it for school, i love it, i love having every single adobe program right at your finger tips. There is everything you will possibly ever need conveniently placed and ready to download right in your dashboard. the only thing i can complain about is the constant updates that take forever to download and happen every few days. thats only one set back though.

Banned equinoxe_uk is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think that CC is worth every penny for what's included. And it pretty much works out the same as before with purchasing outright.

Banned Coriandra is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've been using it for a few months but my work pays for it. It does help get things done and I never have to worry about ending up somewhere with a computer that doesn't have the tools I need to do my job. Has definitely made it easier to be flexible with my work, which is what my boss and I wanted for me.

Banned design fangirl is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'm still not completely sold on the cloud yet.
    Any CC users -- do the apps work without an internet connection? It very rarely happens, but I sometimes have to work without internet, either when I travel or when the wifi at work is acting up. Would I still be able to use the apps if I can't connect to the internet?

I plan to keep using CS6 until I absolutely have to. The only issues I have with the CC right now is the cost (I can't spend the extra money right now, and can't commit to anything monthly at this time); and the fact that the students I tutor often forget to save down, which makes for a panic when they bring files to class. We haven't converted at work to CC yet, and sometimes they can't open files they've worked on at home.

I'm still doing my research. But I am sure eventually I will have to cave in and buy. I just wish they had other options. Cloud computing doesn't work for everybody.

Banned Coriandra is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by design fangirl View Post
    I'm still not completely sold on the cloud yet.
    Any CC users -- do the apps work without an internet connection?
    You need an internet connection when you first install the software on whatever computer you're using, but once it's installed you don't have to worry about it. The only thing is that the software has to validate the license every 30 or 90 days (depending on your subscription, monthly or yearly respectively).

Banned ElVandino is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think CC works great and perfect to sync settings at home and work!

Junior Member sarmike is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I like the fact that you get all the updates, and now it's an affordable monthly membership fee.

Banned cascolo will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    i finally got it 2 weeks ago, i was not happy about the monthly feed. But i figured i spend that money on something else anyway.

I had Ai CS5 i try to buy CS6 but everything i found was $600 even the student version, oh well when they got you they got you!

Banned rgfx is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Cloud will be the downfall of Adobe.

11. Your ad here

Banned drizzy357 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    unfortunately i am still using cs6 cc does not seem that different yet maybe the next update will be better

Junior Member Kukana is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Is it really better than the CS6 suite ?

Banned dustin85 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    So how is everyone liking the cloud that has been using it for awhile. I was thinking of making the switch.

Banned el_panda is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I haven't seen any benefits with having the apps in the cloud yet. On paper it sounds great that I could for example sync the preferences of all the apps between my work & home computer, but the Sync Settings option doesn't seem to do anything at all

Comparing the CC versions to the previous ones, I feel like I'm getting more crashes than before.

Donor camerongivens is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've been using Creative Suite since version 1 and was not happy when Adobe forced me out in the cloud. I' m kind of old school in that sense that I want to purchase the physical box. But now when I have been using CC for a couple of months, I am really getting used to it. And now I got access to all Adobe software which is nice if I want to try out something new. So it's just a matter of getting use to I guess. But I still think they could have let you have the option of choosing between purchasing the physical product or the subscription-model.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast