+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How do you beat designers block?

Junior Member experim is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Ideas usually come easier when not starting a creative project in front of a computer. Sometimes if doing something to a customer it's good to make another meeting to brainstorm and changing ideas.

Junior Member kevmania is a jewel in the rough kevmania is a jewel in the rough kevmania is a jewel in the rough
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by experim View Post
    Ideas usually come easier when not starting a creative project in front of a computer. Sometimes if doing something to a customer it's good to make another meeting to brainstorm and changing ideas.
    Agreed! Getting out of the norm and meeting with the client in another space can inspire new changes and reinvigorate a project.

Banned collins is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Sometimes if you can discuss what you're doing, or trying to do, with someone who is completely removed from the project (maybe not even a designer, say a friend, over a beer) it can be beneficial. Trying to articulate your process and aim can get your brain working differently.

Junior Member williamparker is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I have often times left the job be and come back to it some time later & that helped. The one thing I have found to really help is the client himself comes up with a suggestion that transforms into a great creative idea. Works with me mostly.

Junior Member nellinkowanej is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    What works perfect for me is discuss work with people from completely different specialization.

Junior Member Spytz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Always move away from the screen. The more I try to force it, the more I get burnt out. It's also important to move away and do something totally different.

Junior Member ciggytardust is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Take a walk. Clear your mind. Go out in nature. Don't use your computer for this project. Don't use your computer for your next project. Go out, explore and check out real life objects. Use your hands for design - not your mouse. Start with a pencil. End with a handshake.

Inspiration is everywhere - you just have to look in the right places.

Junior Member Kyle G is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    If I'm in a pinch and need some quick inspiration I'll usually just go for a walk, or get away from my desk to shake up my mind.

If I have more time, I'll typically just get away from the assignment completely, and try to do something else with my time. Whether it's go to sleep. Or go out and experience something you've never experienced. Or watch a documentary about something you typically wouldn't be interested in. Something to give you new perspective or expand the mind...

Junior Member Kyle G is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    or even take a few steps back, and take the direction in the fork in the road you normally would not

Junior Member ajay.kumar.d is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kevmania View Post
    I have read a few articles on how to get over a creative block, and facing days where creativity doesn't flow - and I have found that experimenting with new technique tutorials helps me get over my creative slump.

Recently, during a creative block I learned some new Pen Tool techniques in Adobe Illustrator and it helped A TON.

What's your secret?
    I have a saved database of pins from pintrest that I use to kickstart my design thinking

11. Your ad here

Junior Member bobklovn is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Doing something completely different can help a lot. Get outside and breath some fresh air. Get back refreshed and ready for flow.

Junior Member faze is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks
    Browse Instagram and pick up a pen and just doodle, normally takes me out of my block.

Junior Member justinbaker is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Red face

For me, I like to watch some fancy movies or see some art exhibitions to inspire and encourage me.

Junior Member ngspain is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Movies

I like the feeling of stepping into the theatre and being entertained. There is something very stimulating in walking out from a great film! Moving picture, and a great soundtrack works wonders!

Junior Member sennight is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Generally I start looking at other artists or designers for inspiration and see what works for them. Try and emulate their style to see if I can get past what I don't see for myself!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast