+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anybody tried the new GPU preview acceleration in Illustrator CC 2014?

Junior Member blast9999 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Cool Has anybody tried the new GPU preview acceleration in Illustrator CC 2014?

So far this is for only the Windows version. It is something that Photoshop users have enjoyed for years - since CS4. Now it's coming to Illustrator and should help with the jerky and sluggish zooming and panning we are all familiar with. Looking at their list of supported video cards, it seems to me they are all the more expensive ones, and I'm wondering if more cards are supported than on the list... http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/gpu-performance-preview-improvements.html

Banned torch511 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I use it. When it was incorporated into Photoshop the most noticeable change was the Animated Zoom. I hated it at first but once I grew accustomed to it I found I very much liked it, especially when using the tablet.

I was glad to see it brought into Illustrator. I find that raster effects in illustrator look truer to print (digitally) which is what 90% of my output ends up being so I leave it on.

I run twin EVGA GeForce GTX 970 video cards (across two 27" monitors) which are not on the list. That list is a little old. The feature is no longer "experimental". I would think that most windows based desktops with actual video cards, meaning ones that are not integrated onto the mother board, should work with the feature.

+ Reply to Thread