Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Graphic design trends for 2014

Banned maddy9 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meks413 View Post
    Trends are always difficult to predict. Personally I think that this year design has taken a nice turn with the flat direction - and design that follows function and content.
    The hipster stuff is also ok, but too easy to replicate and I think it will slowly wear out during 2014.
    Custom typography has been catching on quicker than ever and I think we'll definitely still be seeing it during 2014. Big imagery with handmade lettering on top is surely something here to stay. I would advise - don't stick to trends or to predict them. Think of unique solutions to your design problems and they will be timeless, rather than just a passing trend.

here is a very good article http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2013/07/16/authentic-design/

Otherwise, inspiration is everywhere! behance, dribbble, tumblr, design blogs, tech blogs, pinterest... there are endless sources of information and inspiration on the internet :)
    I think meks413 is bang on. Large imagery, hand drawn elements with a more organic feel.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned jello is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Clean and simple I'd guess.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned meiin is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Minimalist styles seem to be the trend these days.

Junior Member Julien is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Thanks for website like Trendlist or TheCoolHunter. Behance is the best to me, so many great talent.

Junior Member booyuko is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Minimalism, hand written and retro fonts.

Banned fontfiend is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Miley Cyrus?? Jokes.

You guys should check out signalnoise, He's making all kinds of.. well.. noise.

Member todesign is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I run a blog and this year I've seen loads of people creating "tron" style arrk, you know like the film? it must have a name that style. Seems to be quite a big thing this year, whether it will continue who knows.

Does any else know why when i post stuff on this website it changes my text without asking, its really starting to piss me off. look at the sentence at the top i put style arrk and it changed it to arrk. now when i edit it and save it again it is still the same, i find the only way i can correct that now is to re structure my sentence.

Banned Iserian is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    as far as type goes reckon script fonts are going to get bigger and better. oh and layered fonts - more like trend and core circus. Is

Junior Member svinlem is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I hope we will see less badly executed hip stuff, though I like the we'll made, to many tumblr-ppl just doing bad copies.

I also think and hope we will see more generated and I myself always have a fire going for the hand drawn.

Gradients will probably stay and evolve after iOS7. Content aware will grow.

Banned Siege is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iserian View Post
    as far as type goes reckon script fonts are going to get bigger and better. oh and layered fonts - more like trend and core circus. Is
    Totally agree with Iserian.

Minimal, Flat and simply layered is the new black.

11. Your ad here

Banned jonnyjonny is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks
    A huge influx of flat design, so much so that it will incur a revolt against itself in 4-5 years.

Banned bullzito is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've always been into minimalistic design, so I'm happy to see more of it today.

Banned pophyped is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehemingway View Post
    It's gradients if IOS 7 is anything to go by.

I really hope it isn't.

haha, if ios7 is a trendsetter we might have a fun year!

Banned Adrian13 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Trends are always difficult to predict.

Member karenlyn will become famous soon enough karenlyn will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Definitely more hand lettering. Please. And if vintage styling is on its way out, I'm going to lock myself in a closet and cry. Like a lot of people, I'm also looking forward to seeing what happens with gradient after iOS 7.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast