Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Graphic design trends for 2014

Member marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    geometric shapes and shadows oh and 'flat' seems to be in vogue atm
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member Kawwy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Designing by trend is always bad, imo. Then you're just a tool for others.

Try to get your own style, then clients come to you to order specifically what you like to design.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned lemoooonnn is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawwy View Post
    Try to get your own style, then clients come to you to order specifically what you like to design.

define style..? and what could be considered as style? would minimalist design be a style? but that's part of a trend too...

Banned lemoooonnn is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marinahana View Post
    geometric shapes and shadows oh and 'flat' seems to be in vogue atm
    branching off flat and geometric shapes, long shadow seems to be an upcoming trend too..

Banned Moosli is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Defintely more and more hand lettering. People want something unique

Banned redwing is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    minimal design will probably stay forever and I'm cool with that but a lot of designers are using minimal and an excuse to design simpler and its starting to feel lazy.

ex. using helvetica on a basic geometric shape in black and white and calling it a finished product

Banned sammy6000 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'd ssay hand painted, reconstructed, obscure reference points.

Junior Member Kawwy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lemoooonnn View Post
    define style..? and what could be considered as style? would minimalist design be a style? but that's part of a trend too...

Your own style comes with time. For an example, I always try to add something handdrawn to my designs, that way there's a continuity in them. If people see a poster that has something drawn on it with an obscure color, they hopefully make a connection with me.

Ofcourse everything is d to death and beyond already, and it is really hard to come up with something original.

Look up GeometryDaily, that is the simplest stuff and everybody has d it before, but that guy stuck with it for long enough, and he's now super famous for it.

Banned foxandhunt is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think what will survive from the entire 'flat' trend is the importance of strong content and typography and how it reacts across multiple devices. Design which uses the device, be it a ph or 27" monitor, as a canvas versus a container.

However, I don't see the (sometimes overt and awkward) 'flat' aesthetic being a 'trend' beyond early 2015.

Banned Omega is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think that a great trend will still be Type-Only Design.

11. Your ad here

Junior Member GNRLSMC is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Even more clean and simple.

A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away — Antoine S.E

Banned sammy6000 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think work which is generated using algorithms etc. is going to increase, as is work using other new technology such as 3D printers.

Banned himillsy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hand lettering, custom illustrations for sure. There seems to be such a want for "authenticity" these days, I have no doubt that will carry over into 2014. That and an entire leap away from skeuomorphism.

Banned rkdiddy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by himillsy View Post
    Hand lettering, custom illustrations for sure. There seems to be such a want for "authenticity" these days, I have no doubt that will carry over into 2014. That and an entire leap away from skeuomorphism.
    Agreed. As much as we hate to admit it, Apple does steer a lot of design direction. The average Joe looks at the design cues and feel they're paving the way.

Junior Member gilty is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Under-designed-looking minimal stuff will definitely remain a trend into 2014. Not that I'm hating!

There might be more generative design too, although it's hard to use generative stuff for client work.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast