+ Reply to Thread

Thread: From freelance to fulltime

Banned gazgraphix is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks

Smile From freelance to fulltime

anyone gone back to a perm role after going freelance? wondering how easy to get back into a full time position and if you have experienced any problems... continuity of work/time at agencies career progression etc?

Banned CChocobo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    This is going to be very specific to each person, individually.

I have personal friends who went to freelance and never looked back, and others who do both freelance and agency work full time.

The transition is what you make of it, and where you feel comfortable. Some agencies don't like if you freelance on the side whilst working for them, others embrace it.

Banned stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    Apparently this is something that depends on each person, according to your convenience.

Junior Member Markoos is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    My friend has recently done this, took some time for him to get used to the more rigid office hours and for a while he had to do a bit of both as existing freelance projects were still in production.

Biggest benefits for him (so far) is he now gets a guaranteed income and paid holidays.

Banned zissou is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think that freelancing is the way to go, once you can get the ball rolling. I get bored with the bureaucracy of in-house work.
    Just marry a person that has a fulltime w/ spousal benefits. Problem Solved.

Banned Skatexius is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Started freelancing as a student, now i work office hours in a small studio for an older colleague :)
    It is still pretty cool because I can work out everything with her, in case of sickness or just not feeling like working today. It was hard getting used to work 10-5 since I used to work mostly in the evening and nights since that is when I am at my highest abilities. But I like how clients respect our time, no more working weekends or after hours, and the income is guaranteed :) And you can always do some freelance on the side if you get the time!

Junior Member ransomman is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks
    It really depends on the person and the new work environment. Some workplaces are great, and others can be a real drain on creativity!

+ Reply to Thread