Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Freelance or Employed?

Junior Member gilty is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Both have their pluses and minuses. My-wise, freelancing takes a lot of hustle to be as profitable as a full-time job. Personally, I enjoy the lifestyle and freedom of freelance, but I go full-hire when I need the steady paycheck. It also depends where you live. If I didn't live, as job opportunities vary quite a bit by location.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Member marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold marinahana is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    freelancing but hard to make any my you end up wasting time with bad clients who are 1) unwilling to pay fair market price 2) see 1
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member agustiinoo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    here in my city there's no much freelance work, nobody wants to pay so most of us end up working for others

Banned medus4 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    freelancing at the moment but going for a agency job in the future

Banned holystrike is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Cool

I'm starting to be a freelancer, I quit my job in the agency month ago.

wish me luck.

Banned chikipinchi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Freelance always

Here in Argentina the pay is minimal when you work in a studio or dependency relationship. It is always better to have some customers and go freelance. Now I notice I think this only happens here.

regards

Banned congroo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i'm a university student and there's typically some small companies looking for freelance work around here.. better than nothing i suppose!

Banned mozigepesz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I prefer to freelance...

Banned seeson is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Currently freelancing and loving it. :)

Banned Susannab26 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    just switched to freelancing full-time and loving it!

11. Your ad here

Banned Omega is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think it depends in your workflow and the kind of projects you want to do.

Member mykillingbox will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    used to work full-time for a big internet company (hint: they love purple and they recently suffered a stroke and changed their logo hahaha) but i didn't do much graphic work just editing content in some areas of their website. i went back to school and at the same time i went freelancing, my last project was creating displays for a local museum - what's awesome is i get to experiment with typefaces. :)

Junior Member GNRLSMC is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Lots of discipline to be freelancing. But you set your own work hours and there is no middleman!

Banned sammy6000 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Self-employed, sorry 'the man'

Junior Member jaafflictor is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    To answer that question needs to ask himself, "Would I ever feel comfortable having a boss?" and the best way to do this is to try working under a boss and seeing how you react, preferably more bosses so you dont just try ,

Later starting up your business on the side takes all the risk out freelancing and is a great way to go if you can stomach the long hours :)

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast