Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Freelance or Employed?

Junior Member yokohama is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Well, for me freelance ;)
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member ckuf is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    freelance
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member angeles is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks

freelance

Well I prefer freelance :)

Junior Member Rayle1112 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I have seen some freelancers earn more than employed

Junior Member potard is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

hello

I like freelancer but it is hard

Junior Member Halfy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jannickv View Post
    I'm an employe during daytime but i do lot's of freelancing in the evening
    ^^This

Can be super challenging and tough, esp when I'm a very mediocre designer, lol!

Banned cliffyh is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzegraphics View Post
    ... i demand ... a signed quote (which states the t's & c's clearly) on all jobs. ...
    Getting a written contract with clear terms and conditions (limits on changes and revisions, etc.) is probably of the smartest things any designer can do. It can be an uncomfortable topic, but as far as I am concerned, clients who bristle at a contract are the s I end up spending way too much time managing scope creep on. The other advantage a contract gives you is that it gives you the ability to agree on late payment and collection penalties in writing, so if the relationship goes sour you have a binding legal document you can use to recoup fees and interest.

Banned psnJaycee is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    freelance is the way to go, because you are your own boss!!

Banned clamchowder is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Freelancing is good, but it's worrying thinking about where your next job is coming from.

The combination of both is the best. You can pick & choose your freelance jobs based on enjoyment that way.

Junior Member riadh2002 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    There are many benifits of freelancing of wich is the freedome you get in your time but I think employed is more risk free and stable than freelancing.

11. Your ad here

Junior Member angeles is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks
    I love freelancing

Banned whiskey101 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I like freelancing but it is challenge finding clients with good budgets. you really have to know good time management and also where to sign up online to find easy freelance jobs that can get your going. dribbble or elancer are my main sources and they're great. theres alot the key is to spread yourself out A LOT online to people can find you! local is also a good way to get income

Banned roger_duckworth is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzegraphics View Post
    I have always tried to encourage fellow graphic designers to work from home as a freelancer. The common answer: "Its too risky".

These days being employed is a risk as companies are retrenching employees by the thousdands. Every seems to be disposable.

There is more than enough work to go around for freelance graphic designers. If you are willing to give great service and quality design you are guaranteed to do well as there is a shortage of both.

People say the graphic design market is flooded. Yes it is, but flooded with designers who do sloppy work and have no idea how to treat their customers!

What are your thoughts?
    I agree their is plenty of work around however too much of a risk to not have a steady income

Banned Ehemingway is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Are people finding this logo/design competition sites (like logo tournament) are having a detrimental effect on the quantity of freelance work?

I'm finding some clients are beginning to rely upon these sites more and more.

Banned rickbert is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    As a student I get a freelance job from time to time.
    Unfortunately the majority still thinks that means they don't have to pay an appropriate price.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast