Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Freelance or Employed?

Banned rkdiddy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've worked "for the man" for 14 years and recently decided to go freelance. After being laid off, I was forced into freelance. I've been at it for a few years and everything is going great.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned indio will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    i am a freelance. but you should know your capacity and design quality before deciding which path you gonna take. if you are new and still have many things to learn do not go freelance.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned mfpele is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    employed for 3 years now. had a few freelance projects, and what i notice now is that people come to me. not that frequent, but certainly more and more. so i'm hoping i will quit in a year or so and go full freelance ^^ like indio said, you need experience :)

Banned stephanmas is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lamplamp View Post
    I like freelancer but it is challenge. You really active if you are freelancer and manage time is important.
    And being able to introduce your self to people is a must. Linkedin & Twitter are your friends :)

Junior Member Beppemoth is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    For few years I've been employed, but now it's hard times for graphics where I live and agencies doesn't hire anymore. I was forced to went freelance but it's not too bad, even if hstly working in agency is more stimulating and less dispersive

Junior Member syzomux is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I am currently employed and I wish I was freelancing!
    The only thing that really scares is the my!

I just don't know where to find clients...

Banned bberger is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've been freelancing exclusively for over a year now and love it! Granted, it is a challenge and excellent time management skills are crucial. With so many social media sites at your fingertips there are countless ways to get connected with other designers and potential clients.

Banned kittymarsh will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    i've been freelancing for the last couple of years, and i love the freedom and variety it affords me. :) during most of my freelance career i've also worked a day job, but i've recently gotten in to freelancing full time.

i'm intrigued by WLMG's idea about splitting time between "an agency 2 days a week and freelancing" - balance of steady gigs and freedom! i like that.

Banned globalpuffer will become famous soon enough globalpuffer will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Every thinks they are a graphic designer now because they installed photoshop so why should they pay a designer?

Banned tmilner is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

FT designer

happily full-time for 18 months, it keeps you busy and helps you develop. I really think every designer should do a full-time role for at least a few months.

11. Your ad here

Junior Member emadarabi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Cool I'm freelance

I'm freelance from about 15 years

Junior Member delboy2013 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Cool Both

Well, for my case, i do both. i have Full time Job and maintain Freelance around this.
    I actually pick up large Projects, give good dates of completions, and every is happy... especially me :)

Junior Member michealsmith is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Freelance but it's in no way my main source of income! The thought of relying on graphic design to live is horrifying.

Banned neh1987 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I do freelance full-time but if a company wanted to hire me with the right figures and benefits i would take the offer

Banned dank_nugs is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Who says you can't do both? You just need to find the right balance between both :)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast