Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Freelance or Employed?

Banned designcob is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    After being employed for 3 years and doing 2 years freelance i would definitely say employed is the best.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned lkleck is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I am currently employed and I freelance on the side. I like many other people work the 9-5 then come home and work until the late hours. I'm always tired, but I love what I do and wouldn't change it.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member xellent85 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'm a freelancer, love the freedom I have working from home and being my own boss. Do great work and keep those customers happy and you will be successful! Most people don't even realize the simple things they want d is graphic design.

dot
    Junior Member dot is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'm a freelancer since some years (was employed for several years before).

It really depends on who you are working with. And in case you work on your own that can be really lly. You will need great team mates or co workers!

Still when you are a freelancer it's hard to replicate this team spirit/feeling that comes naturally if you are employed by some (given that you are not their only employee). So you should really strive to collaborate closely with some other freelancers.

Banned jesur is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'm freelance from so 8 years

Banned Lil Chapo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    employed, while taking freelance opportunities when they arrive

Banned mariadelsol will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Im going to be freelancer.........after a time of understand how work there it (since my first language is spanish!!) I got finally upload items for sell en Etsy,I was try search what was best for me becuase of many places like envato ask VEry High comission!...Etsy just ask 3,5% for every item that you sell and $0,20 cvts cost upload 1 item for 4 months!! open a shop is free just have what have paypal, then support me open a shop there ,( yes i got some item free for upload if you use my link)

I’m inviting you to open a shop on Etsy. Use my link to list your first items free. http://etsy.me/1i04kbp

Banned cerseilannister is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Freelance.

Banned belac is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Freelance is great once you get going and put in the time. The first year is always the hardest.

Banned Envie818 will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Definitely freelance for me. I prefer the flexibility of the hours to work on the design and since I work mostly at night when it's very peaceful and quiet, so day job won't work for me. Yes, there is a risk but I feel that you can improve more by doing freelance and have your own style more rather than being directed or under control of the corporate and political in the regular office work. Plus the bonus is being able to charge more which is worth more of your time. Just my 2 cents

11. Your ad here

Banned jesur is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Freelance

Art is free like birds

Junior Member hkfoster will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    For me, I've always preferred steady employment. The trick is to be good enough at what you do to get a really good gig. Then you'll have just as much freedom as a freelancer without all the worry and headache of dealing with clients/irregular income.

Banned pandaqty is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'd love to be freelance full time, but at this point, without my stable income from working, we'd be in trouble. Someday I hope to be full time freelance.

Junior Member iLeon will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Working in good creative agency with nice and creative people is important step for every designer, illustrator, etc.
    After that experience, transition to freelancing can be much easier.

Junior Member Bravo23 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've been freelancing since 2005. I really love it dude to it's flexibility and creative autonomy. The overhead is low if you work from home and it's great if you have a family. However, I have learned a lot of hard lessons in this business; mostly about money, time and trust. It's also difficult when you have a client who draws a project for weeks, months or even a year or more, when you are counting on a paycheck. And you'll notice that many times you're catering to small businesses with small budgets, so often, you'll make 'deals' to get the work. I'm a softie and I can't help it, but it certainly doesn't help me.

I've also learned to steer clear of signing 'Work for Hire' agreements. Those are great if you're the client, but if you're the one doing the work it's pretty much legalized theft and ALL the liability will fall on you and your business.

Just a little useful info I've picked up a long the way.

Also, charge everyone! Family will come out of the woodwork for designs, but your time is worth money, so make sure you charge accordingly. I still don't adhere to this rule 100% of the time, but it's important not to devalue your work.

:)

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast