+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Engraved/Hedcut effect in Photoshop

Senior Member linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,080 Times in 434 Posts

Engraved/Hedcut effect in Photoshop

Hi all,
    Anyone knows about this illustration style? Can I find some online tutorials about this style in Photoshop?

I tried color halftone and basic engrave but I'm so far from good result like this one.

And I believe I saw somewhere in printroot that someone mentioned about another effect that is similar but the image is pointilized instead can be create by a Photoshop plug in but too bad I can't remember the keyword :(

Googling "hedcut" gave me some good tutorials
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    Last edited by linkgreencold; 09-19-2014 at 12:22 AM.
    Les jours tristes

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linkgreencold For This Useful Post:

Junior Member overproof is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    If you want good results, do it on your own and use your hands.

but Engraver by alphaplugins would be a good alternative if you want to let the computer do the work.

Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to overproof For This Useful Post:

Donor ArtGuru will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Another Alternative

Besides a hand illustration which is always fun...
    You could give Andromeda "Cutline" an Engraving style filter.
    look them up online.

HTML Code:
    Cheers
    ArtGuru

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtGuru For This Useful Post:

Senior Member linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by overproof View Post
    If you want good results, do it on your own and use your hands.

but Engraver by alphaplugins would be a good alternative if you want to let the computer do the work.

Code:
    Sure things hand drawn is the best choice but this style is not my strong capacity :) and I want a digital way to do it. Good suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by ArtGuru View Post
    Besides a hand illustration which is always fun...
    You could give Andromeda "Cutline" an Engraving style filter.
    look them up online.

HTML Code:
    Cheers
    ArtGuru
    Great, the "cutline" is exactly the keyword that I forgot. I'll consider that one too.
    Last edited by linkgreencold; 09-19-2014 at 12:43 AM.
    Les jours tristes

Member t0rnad0 will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

artistic halftone

Try this photoshop plug-in

HTML Code:
    works very well

Banned Print-Rooter-Ific is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The plugins will probably give decent results if you make adjustments to the levels and sharpness of the image prior to running it through the plugin. Quality in, quality out.

Banned stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    The pictures are amazing, I think this style is used for the finished banknotes.

The proposed pluguins are very good, but really are not at the level of the images that appear in the initial post.

Someone could put a tutorial on how you do this manually?
    Or what program does this in professional form?

Excuse my skepticism, but I think that the finished of the pictures of the first post no are made by a plugin.

It would be very interesting to know how this is done,
    I hope someone can share this knowledge.

Cheers!

Thanks
    For the stipple inking, you can check this tutorial, very interesting

Code:
    Les jours tristes

+ Reply to Thread