+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy way to learn graphic design

Banned lbs1983 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Lynda.com is great for a very technical, in-depth learning experience. Will teach you to use software, and also has videos on graphic design principles. If you don't want to spend hours of your life on watching videos, I personally found Nicole's Classes (http://nicolesclasses.com/) pretty useful. More geared towards stationery/invitation design, which was perfect for me... but may not be perfect for everyone if you're designing something different (such as technical or business materials).

Banned ZachZ is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Get photoshop and practice really.

Member brian0760 will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    not what you want to hear probably... but...

The value of going to school for design is not what the teachers teach you... it is your interactions and feedback from other students and peers.

Learning design is much easier in a community. You can certainly do it on your own, but at a much slower pace than someone who is surrounded by design and is talking about it with others.

You can watch tutorials and read books, but GD at its core is about designing for people! Sooner or later you have to bring others into the equation.

Banned mediahog is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    There's value is practice, school and experience. But there has to be talent and creativity in there somewhere. There's a basic artistic sensibility required for... well, art and design. Apply learned best practices, and there you go!

Banned dustin85 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I used lynda.com and it helped me tremendously. And psdtuts.com

Banned kanapka is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    http://www.lynda.com/

Banned iwanthis is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I don't think there's any easy way as you wish to learn GD. Focus on good design great designers learn from them

Banned mossydenis is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rafiq View Post
    Is any website give teaching online graphic design?
    I'm going to point you to a website - just to show you the 'Modules' that "Graphic Designers' have learned:

http://www.thegraphicdesignschool.com/graphic-design-course-curriculum.html

Books are your best bet. Go to 'Amazon' and have a look. They are an invaluable resource that you will go to again and again. Aim to build a 'Library' for yourself.
    Learning how to make 'Computer graphics' or 'Digital art (Illustrations)' is also a fundamental part of being a 'Graphic Designer' - especially a freelance designer.
    I would suggest to learn both 'hand in hand'.

I remember the first graphic design book I bought - 'Essentials of Visual Communication'. It went right over my head. It took a few years before I could actually (really) understand what it was about. A very slow and long road - but I am glad I went down it.

It's like driving. Anyone can jump in and start off down the road. But knowing the rules affords you the opportunity to either knowingly break them or not (analogy all over the place there - but I think you might catch my drift)

Best of luck on your journey.

The value of going to school for design is not what the teachers teach you... it is your interactions and feedback from other students and peers.
    I agree (to a point). Feedback can be aggressively negative (for no valid reason) to slow you down or throw you off. It's a super competitive field. Take everything onboard with a pinch of salt - but stay true to yourself. 'Lecturers' have their own agenda that usually has something to do with competing with other 'Lecturers' for seniority positions - or on a 'Department' level - competing with other colleges.

Watch them closely and you will see a lot. Look after yourself while in college (or life in general). It's your future after all.
    Last edited by mossydenis; 02-01-2014 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Another quote

Banned Zenithseble is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I don't think there is an easy way to learn design. Reading a lot of articles help, but a tutored guidance is really helpful, or at least someone to talk and debate, design is not black or white, so in order to learn what's better some thinking is needed. I suggest a book about logo creation, most of the tips or rules apply to general design as well, that would be a good starting point.

Banned rancor is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    get lots of books and read them, not only design books, history, socilogy, communication, publcity, a designer should have a bast knowledge to expand ceativity and because the best way to communicate something is to know as much as possible of that even if possible more than the author

11. Your ad here

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rancor For This Useful Post:

Banned airunxi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Great webpages!

Banned mykenism is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    When you first start out, you'll try to duplicate people's work you like and think about why they did what they did.

After a while your own style will develop and you'll move away from duplicating so much.

I think any creative field, like cooking, works that way.

Banned Frozenlord is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Try this for learn graphic design:

Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    for inspiration:

Code:

Banned design fangirl is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I learned a lot by doing. Reverse engineering things, using tutorials, reading lots of books and good old trial and error. Eventually though, I wanted to learn the more technical aspects as well as concepts that you can't find in a tutorial. So now I'm in design school, and I love it.

Skillshare is a great site, as well as good-tutorials (which features a lot of the sites previously mentioned). I also LOVE digital tutors. My job has access and their videos and courses are amazing. I can sit and watch them for hours.

Banned Ubiquitype is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Abduzeedo, Tutsplus, Lynda tutorials.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast