+ Reply to Thread

Thread: creep issues

Junior Member pj1976 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

creep issues

I have a problem with sending books to the printers. I'm losing the edge of my inner pages when the book is finished. Is there a way for me to impose the file myself with creep setup and supply a print ready pdf so this doesn't happen?

Donor Speed_399 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    quite impose 3 have creep options

Junior Member decoder101 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Assuming you are sending a PDF of the layout, this is a task that must be performed at CTP or CTF stage when imposing the job where the pages are adjusted on documents with a large number of pages so that page content is not trimmed off.

If you are manually imposing the document these links may be of interest:

online creep calculator: kangagraphics.com.au/creepcalc.html

iphone app: boundlessideas.com/creepcalc/index.html

Donor printguy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I don't think any printer would expect their client to allow for creep in their supplied file. As was rightly stated before this should be done at the imposition stage and will be based on the thickness of the substrate.

I'd highlight the issue with your printer and start a dialogue. If they're not proactive in sorting the issue then you should probably think about finding a company that are.

Of course you can sort it out yourself but manual creep adjustment can lead to as many problems as no creep adjustment if you're not 100% sure what you're doing.

Cheers

Junior Member A Fox is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Creep issues

The printer should sort this out at the imposing stage.

I used to use Preps to do it as it was straight forward. No lost folios etc.

I also had a mathmatical formula to calculate the creep for individual pages, worked out from the total number in the book. Then manually adjusted the position of artwork on the page. A ideal thing when you have a centre spread picture, as you had to do the opposite to creep so as not to lose any of the image.

Nemesis
    Depending which kind of paper is used and weight of it and type of binding, creeping factor is calculated by imposition software. For example in Heidelberg Signa Station you are able to enter the weight of the paper which is lately calculated for creeping. Client in no way can know about it except if is too long in the business. This part is solely resolved in pre press department when imposing files.

Junior Member komaxi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Alap imposer have the creep feature but I can not find it anywhere.

Junior Member jgpp is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    You can have negative or postive creep. InDesign help for booklet describes this.

Kanishk
    preps also have it creep option.

Member newstarme will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Signa Station also have it creep option

11. Your ad here

Donor willie0869 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    As others have stated, this is really the job of the prepress department. If you want to provide your printer with information on how to adjust for creep, find out what imposition software they are using. From there many users of this forum could offer step by step instructions.

Junior Member Luca is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    As somebody already mentioned, Quite Imposing will adjust for creep, but I'd be talking to your printer about a "make good" - get them to reprint it. They should know enough to adjust for creep. As a side note, when designing a book you should leave enough margin to allow for creep adjustment.

Junior Member slamboy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    No decent printer would want any attempt at 'client creep'. I have seen these in the past and have always rejected the files. If your printer can't do it then find another who can

+ Reply to Thread