Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: corel draw or Illustrator?

Junior Member Leon.Ida is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    This is the same question as legendary: Mac or PC, what is better?
    If you're good, it does not matter which software you use.
    As a graphic designer, I mainly use Illustrator.
    But as I wrote, it's all a matter of personal choice.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Leon.Ida For This Useful Post:

Donor duweisoon is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    illustrator more profesional ppl use it & its become standard now for design field....
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member haxored is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    About ten years ago, I found Corel Draw to be indispensable, having some tools that Illustrator (version 9 at the time, I think) did not have, like vector retaining warp tools, which I found handy for achieving certain effects. I haven't really kept up with Corel lately though.

Junior Member 3911lx is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Adobe illustrator is better

Junior Member Willie is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Corel has some advantages

Try converting a bitmap to transparent in Illustrator - Corel does it in a snap, then you can save in Illustrator format - Don't kick the others too hard - all have their value - Have you looked at the latest Publisher for it's advantages?

Junior Member ttoshev is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rafael_dvg View Post
    both are good. The difference is who uses (operator)
    exactly!

Junior Member jetair is on a distinguished road jetair's Avatar
    Thanks
    Illustrator. Work with ICC.

Junior Member cyrilain is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I prefer Illustrator

Junior Member artist1 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Illustrator is better

I feel illustrator is better as it integrates well with indesign and photoshop. Also the color is consistent across the software. After adobe invented postscript which is so essential across the printing fraternity

Junior Member comatrix is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'm a beginner and they even never mentioned to work in corel draw at school.
    They say corel is the past and adobe the future. So i can't say if Ai or Cd because never used it. I saw many experts coming to update their knowledge to migrate from Cd to Ai, because the world of work is moving in this direction, enterprises now ask "Adobe Package" for graphics intents more and more. I don't know if it is correct or wrong, i'm just starting
    What do you think?

12. Your ad here

Donor dada2199 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've owned print shops and production studios and graphics design shops in the States for about 17 years, and I will always put Corel against Illustrator in terms of production efficiency.

My current shop does heavy duty business: we do textile printing, wide format printing, offset printing, digital toner printing, laser engraving, and vinyl cutting in-house. 80% of our jobs are preflighted in CorelDraw instead of Illustrator, because it works faster.

For purely design at the high end, Illustrator is of course the best application, but that's for a specific type of job. If a customer walks in the door and wants to walk out with a custom wide format banner an hour later (and $200 in profit in that hour), I'll load up CorelDraw X5 before anything else and have a VERY happy customer who is 78% likely to return in the next 3 months.

I love Illustrator and would never trade it for anything EXCEPT the profits that CorelDraw has provided for me and my employees for nearly 2 decades.

I've been using CorelDraw since 1990/1991, and Illustrator since 1992 and consider myself an expert at using both. If I had the data logged since 1992, I'd say that CorelDraw has outperformed Illustrator in terms of profits earned per hour by over triple (300%), easily.

Today I designed 5 different "quick" jobs -- 2 banner orders, 1 flyer order, 1 T-shirt order and 1 laser etching order -- in under a total of 2 hours in CorelDraw X5, with a final profit of about $850. $170 per hour profit is not too shabby.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dada2199 For This Useful Post:

Junior Member Nordic is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stifflee View Post
    Corel Draw is for people who want to play at graphic design...Illustrator is for people who are serious about graphic design
    Yes! That's true!

Junior Member Imago is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Illustrator!

I've run into pre-press issues using corel draw before but Illustrator is solid and again has all the benefits of integration with the Adobe suite!

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8