Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: corel draw or Illustrator?

Donor tanman10000 will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Adobe FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by congproprint View Post
    exactly, man!
    if who have any question, please use both well before write a comment.
    I used Corel for a long time, but I found that Adobe was much better supported for pre-press situations. A lot of my customers need signs AND lithographic printing, but most printers don't handle Corel files.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tanman10000 For This Useful Post:

Junior Member 2ron is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    why would you still want to deal with coreldraw.... get the customers to supply EPS format if required.

Illustrator and Coreldraw are vector drawing applications, not designed for creating layouts, so the seamless integration between photoshop, illustrator and indesign makes illustrator the better choice.

Besides Coreldraw on the mac is discontinued.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2ron For This Useful Post:

pete
    I use Corel about 12 years for flexo design, large format printing, cutting etc. but sometimes i have use AI because I get files from clients and Corel not work well, usually I export form AI files to PDF x1 and open again and work in Corel. Corel it's a more simple and intuitive prog.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pete For This Useful Post:

Banned zniazi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I use only Corel for all my design projects. Corel plus Photoshop is the best combination no doubt. If you take the time to learn Corel, you can run circles around Illustrator anytime. I have to use both because I am in prepress but i PREFER Corel X5 over Illustrator CS5 anytime.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zniazi For This Useful Post:

Donor tanman10000 will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

You're absolutely right... but..

Quote Originally Posted by 2ron View Post
    why would you still want to deal with coreldraw.... get the customers to supply EPS format if required.

Illustrator and Coreldraw are vector drawing applications, not designed for creating layouts, so the seamless integration between photoshop, illustrator and indesign makes illustrator the better choice.

Besides Coreldraw on the mac is discontinued.
    -------------------------

I agree. Corel and Adobe provide vector drawing solutions, but a lot of sign makers started out their "design" careers with one of those two apps. So when I started with my first 30" Graphtec, it was Corel and Signlab. Eventually I switched over to Adobe for other graphic design layouts. Then I started getting into digital printing only a few years ago. I can run circles around most anyone with Adobe now... so it's my preferred app for layouts. I'm just used to it. Our layouts are rarely larger than 4'x10', so Adobe works just fine.

That said, every sign maker I know uses Flexi. And I will agree that it's certainly better for sign making... I just like my Adobe apps so much better because I'm so used to them. Also, we outsource offset printing which allows me to switch profiles easily from the same file and export the file(s) to a pre-press friendly format.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tanman10000 For This Useful Post:

Junior Member cyril1968 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    illustrator is mach more comlicated. corel is easy to use.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cyril1968 For This Useful Post:

Junior Member aguacate is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Illustrator is for PC and Mac. Corel only PC and poor.

Junior Member kamp is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

illustrator

because it is more stable.
    Complete compatibility with Adobe's other software.
    And ultimately all a matter of habit.

Donor zuz43 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    only illustrator

Corel PS-files not right and have more reefs

Junior Member macasper will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Illustrator good and Corel draw good too

17. Your ad here

Junior Member wamahiu is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    In corel press ctrl+j. select workspace then tick the box beside "Illustrator" and your desktop changes to something like that in illustrator. You can now learn illustrator easily and enjoy the best of both worlds.

You will then discover that each program has its strong points and performance really depends on the task at hand. Multiple pages are as foreign to illustrator as matching screen and print color is to corel!

Donor impresor is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hi,

CorelDraw work much easier. Also, I started in version 1

Salu2 from Spain

Junior Member rafael_dvg is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Corel VS Illustrator

Both are good. The difference is who uses (operator)

ndoring10

corel vs Illustrator

I have used Corel from version 2... until version 10...
    Last 10 years I work in Illustrator and I can say that Illustrator is better for me... Corel is for beginners... most of people is afraid of moving from Corel to Illustrator... because who work for years in Corel must start with learning Illustrator from beginning and that is with work almost impossible... in first days you will be much slower... but don't give up... at end you will be satisfied... with transition and decision to move from Corel to illustrator...

Donor xavyer99 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

both for diferent jobs

I use both of them , in production i get prints with ai, tif and cdr extension so knowing to use them is a good way to make my job easy. Each have strong and week points .The more you know the less you suffer.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast