Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: corel draw or Illustrator?

Donor icarusmk is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

CorelDrow NoWay

I'm not using CorelDraw for 6 years and I'm wery happy :).

Maby is easy to use, but...output from corel, gradients, pantones, bullets, multilanguage support, colors cannot be trusted.

Go from the idea that last version of coreldraw for mac is version 11 and we all know that almost every second design studio or agency is using Mac :) so...corel stopped making mac version since apple was IBM based (lllloooong time ago).

Conclusion is that, corel draw is bad solution :).
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

PRC Member congproprint will become famous soon enough congproprint's Avatar
    Thanks
    Illusstrator, but you should use both.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to congproprint For This Useful Post:

Junior Member alfred5191 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    CorelDraw is faster and more efficient compare to Adobe Illustrator. However, for better result, I would suggest Adobe Illustrator as it produce something more predictable.

Junior Member Cahya Bintang is on a distinguished road Cahya Bintang's Avatar
    Thanks

Vote : Illustrator

CorelDraw is good for beginner... even my 8-years child can use it

Illustrator still the best for graphic design/arts, no doubt !

================================================== =========

In my opinion, CorelDraw is a vector base program.... good on handling vectors like logos or artistic curves...
    not suitable for image files (tiff, jpeg, etc) especially a large one. Takes a long time just to load/open it. "Spooling" is another big problem for those files.

Banned springvn2006 will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    I use both the software 2 Corel Draw and Ilusstrator but I like Adobe Illustrator because the compatibility issue with Adobe Photoshop and most of the rip in the print publishing (Kokak Prinergy, Ekso, Heldengberg etc...)

Junior Member pepelepeu is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    In my opinion, Illustrator is better than corel, it has so many plugins and it is more powerfull.

Junior Member spankingtime69 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

corel x5

i'm a proud user of corel x5 in my sign making house. Work better than illustrator for my job, expecially with spot color

Junior Member alfred5191 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahya Bintang View Post
    CorelDraw is good for beginner... even my 8-years child can use it

Illustrator still the best for graphic design/arts, no doubt !

================================================== =========

In my opinion, CorelDraw is a vector base program.... good on handling vectors like logos or artistic curves...
    not suitable for image files (tiff, jpeg, etc) especially a large one. Takes a long time just to load/open it. "Spooling" is another big problem for those files.
    For your info, Illustrator is a vector base program as well. Easy to use / user friendly doesn't make the software less powerful though.

Junior Member neotheone is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Well Adobe has its own Postscript Language so Illustrator has no prob, to import any kind of EPS, PDF and other files, you can easily work around.

Very precise with any colour & tools, no prob with printing 4 colour or digital
    Also you can watch [URL="http://www.lynda.com/Illustrator-CS5-tutorials/essential-training/58710-2.html"]Linda's tuts[/URL] of illustrator basic & advanced.

Corel is very easy to use, you can work fast with any tool, but it has some issues with importing EPS, some time it got hang when importing EPS or any file.
    But X5 is best for importing EPS & Ai files.

Well mostly I'm using Corel X5 & some time Illustrator.

Its depend on you that on which software you can work easily & comfortably & fast

Donor PommiePaul is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

A minor change of heart

I ridiculed Corel earlier in this article, but there is one thing I do like about X5 that’s the use of Quadratic B-splines as well as Bezier curves. Splines are much more accurate.

12. Your ad here

Junior Member Benicus is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Illustrator is the industry standard, it is difficult to get the hang of, but once you know it, you can do some amazing work fast

Donor sambopen will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Some reasons to choose Ai vs Cdr

My Opinion about both programs;

Reason to choose Corel Draw:
    1) Easy to learn
    2) Easy to Use
    3) Built-in imposition fuction but not full features
    4) Multi-pages, can be work as booklet instead of InDesign for sometime but still not full feature

Reason to choose Adobe Illustrator
    1) Integration: easy to edit via link and update with InDesign, Photoshop (smart-object), for PDF, just open and save back and as well QuarkXpress (Ai, eps support) and Cdr will never can made this feature.
    2) Appearance panel: flexible effect controller panel & good path effect
    3) Interface: similar to Adobe Photoshop and design related products, easy and easy.
    4) Stable and Flexible: for working with complex artwork, Ai is working faster than Cdr, objects management
    5) Color management: Ai use Adobe Color Engine, some for image will same color like photoshop but Cdr use Microsoft ICM, it is difficult to adjust image and maybe sometime a risk.
    6) OpenType Fonts: Ai support full feature of OpenType font but CorelDraw can do it little.

Totally, my choice is Adobe illustrator, it will always my primiary but if client ask me to design CorelDraw, i'm gladly follow his suggest but i will let he know about Pros/Cons of CorelDraw & Ai.

Ai is my primative program
    Cdr is my secondary program (suggest by client)

Thanks, any feedback will highly appreicate.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sambopen For This Useful Post:

Junior Member Deaken is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Learning Illustrator is better spent time, it takes a little longer but it is much better

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Deaken For This Useful Post:

PRC Member congproprint will become famous soon enough congproprint's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sambopen View Post
    My Opinion about both programs;

Reason to choose Corel Draw:
    1) Easy to learn
    2) Easy to Use
    3) Built-in imposition fuction but not full features
    4) Multi-pages, can be work as booklet instead of InDesign for sometime but still not full feature

Reason to choose Adobe Illustrator
    1) Integration: easy to edit via link and update with InDesign, Photoshop (smart-object), for PDF, just open and save back and as well QuarkXpress (Ai, eps support) and Cdr will never can made this feature.
    2) Appearance panel: flexible effect controller panel & good path effect
    3) Interface: similar to Adobe Photoshop and design related products, easy and easy.
    4) Stable and Flexible: for working with complex artwork, Ai is working faster than Cdr, objects management
    5) Color management: Ai use Adobe Color Engine, some for image will same color like photoshop but Cdr use Microsoft ICM, it is difficult to adjust image and maybe sometime a risk.
    6) OpenType Fonts: Ai support full feature of OpenType font but CorelDraw can do it little.

Totally, my choice is Adobe illustrator, it will always my primiary but if client ask me to design CorelDraw, i'm gladly follow his suggest but i will let he know about Pros/Cons of CorelDraw & Ai.

Ai is my primative program
    Cdr is my secondary program (suggest by client)

Thanks, any feedback will highly appreicate.
    exactly, man!
    if who have any question, please use both well before write a comment.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to congproprint For This Useful Post:

Donor tanman10000 will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Adobe CS4+ for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by magnetux View Post
    It depends on the use, for me, i choose Adobe Illustrator, because the compatibility issue with Adobe Photoshop
    Adobe Illustrator CS3 (and possibly PS CS4) had some problems with ICC issues. Get the CS4 or CS5 versions to fix that.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to tanman10000 For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast