Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: corel draw or Illustrator?

tim
    Junior Member tim is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    +1 Illustrator
    Based on PostScript Language
    Mac OS compatible
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member jdankk is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I prefer Illustrator
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned wizkid is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

no such thing as better

Although I mainly use Illustrator, I don't think one program is objectively better in all respects.
    Each program has some better parts than the other so it really depends on what you want to do with it.
    As you can see from the above posts, Corel has advantages in CAD, built-in imposition etc. Illustrator has some tools that corel doesn't and vice-versa. Also, Illustrator works smoothly with other Adobe programs, mainly PhotoShop and Indesign.

Other things to consider, as with any software, are whether you have experience and feel more comfortable using one of the programs. Which program has a larger installed base, better support, better community support and, of course, the price.
    Illustrator is more mainstream and has been recomended by much more people in the blog. So if it's a toss up between the two - I'd recommend it.

Junior Member kuchen will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    I personally use both of the software, but IMHO coreldraw is a bit easier to use

Junior Member mastercheng is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

corel draw or Illustrator?

Quote Originally Posted by alliswell View Post
    can anyone say why Adobe illustrator is better than coreldraw
    Because Illustrator belongs to group of Adobe products and has lots of development done.
    Corel has some issues understanding/exporting PDF files which is again industry standard and part of Adobe family.
    Hope this helps.

Junior Member palych will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    +1 Illustrator
    Based on PostScript Language
    Mac OS compatible
    Well, CorelDraw for Mac OS X too there are, however old.

Quote Originally Posted by kuchen View Post
    I personally use both of the software, but IMHO coreldraw is a bit easier to use
    I totally agree.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palych For This Useful Post:

PRC Member johnlongthomas is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Coreldraw is the program. It outputs to more different devices than anything else. The print menu is more developed in several important areas. Because it has so many capabilities it can take time to appreciate fully.

Illustator is quirky, saved only by its integration with adobe's other applications. Its range is for single page illustrative work only - the name says it all

Donor Nabucodonosor is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I prefear Illustrator, are more professionally

Junior Member hires is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Corel is a pain. I'm sorry Corel fanboys.
    Corel is so out of this world in terms of logic (and shortcut). The learning curve is steep.
    I started with Freehand then migrate to Illustrator and InDesign with ease.
    Never get the hang of CorelDraw. I tried.

Though I do love the legendary Corel clipart library.

Junior Member riscar is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Both are fantastic programs.

I work over 12 years using Corel and i love the way to trace using splines and bezier, it's very easy, fast and accurate... perfect for signmaking or plotting.

In the other side, Ilustrator is almost the perfect software.

Great for creating logos, 3d effects, interactive mesh (fantastic!). It's easy to use but personally i don't like tracing with it, i prefer Corel.

I think you must learn how to use both and use them according your needs.

12. Your ad here

Donor jungpow is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Illustrator is better

Illustrator are for graphic arts professional because of its seemless integration with
    all Adobe graphic arts softwares

Junior Member ask4sanjay is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hey Buddy,

Corel Draw is much more easier than Adobe Illustrator, you can easily play with tools and the stuff which is on your page ( you can select any object very easily) but Illustrator is not allowed you to play things easily its much more complicated

I suggest you to install both Corel and Illustrator in your PC and just do some work with both software... you'll automatically find the difference between both.

Cheers!

Banned definition56 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    It depends on what you are trying to achieve. Screen printers and sign makers tend to gravitate toward Coreldraw I think mainly due to the price. Illustrator can do exactly what CD can do and then some but the learning curve is steep. If you are familiar with Adobe products, then Illustrator is a natural fit. Personally, Illustrator is the only way to go. I use it for screen printing, die cutting, and creating artwork.

Junior Member Masseria is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think that Corel Draw is More user Friendly than Illustrator.. I use CorelDraw since v13... and it's always same format same properties and same difficulty....

Sometimes customers send me PDF's or something like that... so i have to use Illustrator, Export them to EPS, or Autocad Format and then open them with Corel Draw. Very annoying now X5, can open Illustrator Files... but it's not working good...
    We know that the 2 programs are very powerfull, but..
    I think that, CorelDraw Is more easy to use, and you must use this if you are new to graphic design, and general design on Computer. It's very easy to print to size, to draw, change colours, etc.. And if you insist on Corel you 'll find it more helpfull.
    About illustrator, I think that is aimed more for professional graphic design.. Illustrator have almost all the things that corel draw can do, But with the advantage of Compatibilty with Adobe Products such as the Magic photoshop,etc.
    Closing this Huge Paragraph... If you are new in this Try Corel Draw it will help you more. If you are confident with Adobe products you must use Illustrator,

Going to the Color complicated stuff....
    Corel is having difficulties in making the color as it's on reality..
    For example: I print a simple square (3x3) in Pantone Warm Red, then i go to the Pantone Formula Guide and your always getting a different color.
    So i've tried something else...
    I make a new square and try to reach manually (print the f**ing square like 8 times until i reach the Formula Guide equal), Nothing similar than the pantone that Corel has.... Even converting them to RGB or CMYK....
    So if you are making colors YOU MUST TRY ILLUSTRATOR/PHOTOSHOP.

That's my opinion, sorry for my english....

Cya!

Junior Member Shuminaxer is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Corel its a toy, adobe the best

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast